1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 hd tires

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by PITCH, Nov 29, 2011.

1. PITCH

PITCH Member
    from hamburg

Does anbody know what the largest sized tire that can be put on a 2011 hd without having rubbing issues? The stock tires are horrible in the snow. I have 18inch wheels. Would like to put a set of bfg's on it.

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

my 12 came with all terrian tires there alot of room under there what size are you going with ?

3. PITCH

PITCH Member
    from hamburg

Just asking for some advise on what other size I can use. All I found was the same Michelin that came with the truck. In order to get something else i will probably have to change sizes. I would rather go bigger than smaller. 17,000 miles and they are going to be useless this year in the snow.

4. SnowPlowingDude

SnowPlowingDude Junior Member

My '11 Chevy 2500 hd came with the factory 20 inch wheels/tires and I have not had any rubbing problems, that I have noticed.

Factory tire is a 20 inch..Wrangler SR-A ..I believe its a 265/60R20

Makes for a nice high ride..amazing what the extra few inches do..my wife has to climb in.

5. bleacher43

bleacher43 Member
    from MA

315 I believe is the highest tire you can put on without mods.

6. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

my brother has 285/70r18 (34x11.50r18) toyo mt no issues on his 11 2500hd

7. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

My '11 1 ton dump came with 17's. I did upgrade to the all seasons over the stock tires.
    I havnt plowed yet, but this thing goes places in 2wd where my 07 2500 would need 4x4 and even then it was tuff at times.