1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 gmc sierra, where to put snowex controller

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by GimmeSnow!!, Jan 10, 2012.

1. GimmeSnow!!

GimmeSnow!! Senior Member

I posted a thread in the snow-ex forum too. Just got a new truck had a v-box installed but when they installed the spreader they ran the screws through my on-star unit. The dealership couldn't warranty it so my equipment dealer had to pay them 500. After 3 trips (25 miles away) to the dealership and all of the aggrivation, my equipment dealers solution was that their new policy is to not install in the dash anymore and he gave me some velcro tape and said to try that. WTF?? Does anybody know where this controller should be mounted? Shouldn't the equipment dealers know where it should be mounted? I would like to find the proper place and go back and make them fix their mistakes because as of right now the dealership got their money, the equipment dealers got their money for the spreader and the plow, and I'm left with a nice payment, a salt controller laying on the floor, and two holes in my dashboard.

2. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

If you talk to the dealership usually they would know some vinly repair guys that as could fix the dash hole (fill, color match, and texture) which might cost $50. Send that bill to the equipment dealer.

Controller location is operator preference. Find where you want it and from there figure how to mount it.

3. GimmeSnow!!

GimmeSnow!! Senior Member

Honestly I don't really care all that much about the holes, its just kind of the principal of the thing and I'm not going to be an @sshole about that. But the equip dealer charges $500 to install it and I expect to be able to get in my truck and go after that. Plus that's why I have them install it. If something goes wrong I expect them to warranty it and make it right.