1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax Allison

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Chopper0912, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Chopper0912

Chopper0912 Junior Member

I am sorry to say I have no pictures whatsoever of the truck. I should of taken them before the truck left my yard.

A very popular vehicle TV show made here in Maryland was in my work the other day with the truck doing taping for the show and wanted a trailer to do some towing video with the truck. Also had the Honda Crosstour with them also. After they brought the trailer back to my work they asked if I wanted to take it for a test drive and I said YES to that. The truck was a crew cab short bed and all I can say is the truck has SOO much power. For those that don't know 397hp with 765ftlb torque. From a stand still to about 60mph, if you get on it you will be in the back of your seat. The truck was a treat to drive since they have not made it to show room floors yet. I have watched the videos from GM about the exhaust brake and I don't know if it was working when I turned it on. But I did notice that when I was on the brakes that it would start downshifting and slow down really fast. The work truck I have though (not the one I drove) once you get off the pedal it starts to slow but this one did not. Like I said don’t know if I had it turned on right. Has the 2 1/2 hitch on the back with a weight distribution hitch capacity of 17,000lbs. Don't think the 2500 can tow all that though. (Can't remember what the book says) I only got to drive the truck for about 15 minutes but that was long enough for me to want one when they come out. Like I said I wish I would of taken some pictures of it but once I got back from the drive he had to get back to his office. Just keep looking out for them at the show room and take a test drive if you can. All I can says is just hold on if your going to get that pedal down to the floor because you are going for a ride.

Sorry again for having no pictures but thought I would tell you a litte about my Friday afternoon treat I got.

2. dlstelma

dlstelma Member
    from GR, MI