1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 GMC second battery hookups

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by sagent, Oct 20, 2014.

1. sagent

sagent Junior Member

I have installed a second battery and am wondering the best way to wire it. I intend hook both up in parallel and double the amperage for the entrire electrical system. It appears there is a threaded hole for the ground already next to the power steering pump reservoir so ground is no problem. As far as the positive goes, it appears there is no good spot to hook into the positive on the original battery / terminal. I have my plow solenoid on the firewall with the positive lead direct from the battery. Can I simply wire the second battery positive to the original battery positive on the solenoid ?

If not, is there some type of terminal adapter I can bolt onto the factory battery positive cable ?

Thanks

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yes you can install on the plow solenoid. And yes you can buy and install different pos batt ends. All depends upon how much you wanna spend, and how good your wiring skills are.