1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 gmc pro flo wiring

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by to_buy, Jan 5, 2012.

1. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

Just got a 2011 Gmc pick up truck in and I am mounting a Pro Flo 2 salter on the back of the truck. Does anyone know if there is a wire for the third brake light broke out of the harness in the rear of the truck to tap the brake light into. I know the Fords have them, this is new for me we always ran Fords.
  2. michdeere

michdeere Member

The harness for your spreader has the brake light circuit/wire in it. You hook it up at the front of the truck...I can't remember if it's in the cab or under the hood, I think it's in the cab. You shouldn't have to touch the truck's wiring in the back.
  3. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

I know about the wire, but i did find something interesting today. I talked to my western vendor and there is a bulletin out for any newer trucks with a body control module. You need to add a relay in the circuit so a spike on the line will not cook the computer.
    Keep and eye out for this, its a new era.