1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 GMC 3500 dump D-Max

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by turfmasters, Mar 27, 2011.

1. turfmasters

turfmasters Member

Thinking about purchasing a Fisher V-Plow 9ft 6" for my new truck.It's a 3500 mason dump with a D-Max .All my parking lots are at least 250-400 foot pushes.Pro and cons please on this plow for parking lot use only.I currently use Western 9ft Pro Plus with wings on the other two trucks.All replies welcome.

Thanks
    Glenn.

2. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Run one on my truck, moves a lot of snow and still OK to get into tight spots.

3. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Great Plow......Will Move a Good amout of snow.....Have you thought about a XLS/Wideout type plow for that Truck...Or even a Blizzard 8611...

4. turfmasters

turfmasters Member

As we all know that service is a Big part on buying a plow.I have been dealing with one guy who sells Western and Fisher for 22 years.Location is 2 miles from the house and only 4 miles from plow sites.He also provides 24 hour service during snow events for his best clients.If I buy a plow its coming from Pocono Four Wheel Drive in Stroudsburg only.

5. turfmasters

turfmasters Member

Only fear is plow gets stuck in V or scoop mode!

6. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I have an 8.5 exv and the xls. I like the both a lot and I installed them myself this year. Fisrt plows I ever installed. I have had not one problem with either of the plows. But I will tell you that u are going to move more snow with the xls then the 9.5 v plow. Plus the versatility of the xls exceeds the v imo.

7. turfmasters

turfmasters Member

THANKS for all the info men!

Glenn.

8. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

We also run a XLS, most likely all I buy from now on forward.