1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 GMC 2500 Lightbar switch

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by LunchBox, Nov 28, 2010.

1. LunchBox

LunchBox Senior Member

On my new truck I have a switch right in the middle of the truck, just about on the roof. In the book it says it's an optional emergency light switch that can be wired up by a GM factory authorized mechanic. I was wondering if anyone knows where those wires come down to. I hope it's as simple as Ford with their switch board, but I doubt it.

2. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I think they put the wires in the headliner above the drive towards the back for you to connect a light.

3. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

Yes thats exactly where it goes i had a button in my truck too when i bought that you can hook an emergency light and i just hooked my strobes up to the button in my trruck

4. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Some have said on the 2011's the headliner doesn't need to come down.

5. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

I can tell you in 2010s, the wires (hot and ground blunt cut) was bundle up in the roof console where the switch is, pull the console down (remove ligth cover, remove 2 screws from there, then just pull down), run a fish line in from the third brake light, and you can run the wire out there for a roof light, never having to touch the headliner.

6. Just did mine the other night it should be right above the interior lights and switch itself. Real easy to get at just drop lense to interior light,remove screws and pop plastic down. You will find it all wrapped up right there. Good luck

7. Oh yeah green is power and black is the ground. Also it is rated at 30 amps