1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 GMC 1/2 ton

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by 2011GMC, Dec 28, 2010.

1. 2011GMC

2011GMC Junior Member
    from Maine

Running a 2011 gmc 1/2 ton anyone have knowledge of using coil spring spacers. I got a reg. duty 7 and a 1/2 foot fisher mm2 on it. My truck front end doesn't drop to bad but a dont want to do damage in the long run. I dont travel with the plow any distance maybe 10 miles at most any input or advice welcome.
  2. bubbles10

bubbles10 Member

can u put of some pics of the 2011 with the plow
  3. 2011GMC

2011GMC Junior Member
    from Maine

sure thing

I will post pics tomorrow wih the plow on down and raised, thanks for responding
  4. Schnabel Plowin

Schnabel Plowin Senior Member

Try timbrens. Order off eBay, or wherever.
  5. JimRoss

JimRoss Member

I second this advice. I am ordering a set for my 09 Silverado 1500. Every plow guy I have spoke to in my area has suggested them.
    They must have a MAP set on them. All prices seem to be $195 a set. I cant find a deal no where.
  6. Iceman26

Iceman26 Junior Member

I was in the same situation as you were because we have similar trucks. I decided to go with a ballast of 300lbs (sand) and a leveling kit. I'm very pleased with the results and the look. All said and done I came under the cost of the Timbrens. Here is a link to some pictures:

If you have any questions, drop me a PM.

7. brimfield

brimfield Member

Timbrens all the way. I have a 2002 Chevy 2500 duramax and a 8' fisher plow and it rides down the highway no problem and front end stays up just fine