1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 GM HD spy photos

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by suzuki0702, Nov 19, 2009.

1. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Chevey looks better now that the older one!

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It is, I posted an '11 spy photo 6 or 8 months ago. The talk back then was guys were liking them without the chipmunk cheek front bumper.

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Wow seems like most everyone that posted there hates Chevy, lol. I like my torsion bars. 153K and still on original ball joints, and lots of hard plowing too. I will stick with my Chevy, while everyone else has their underpowered gas hoggin SFA Fords and Dodges.

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

6. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

What they point out as torsion bars appear to be on a slight upward angle, almost look like control arms for a 4 or 5 link setup. But who knows!

7. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Any hope that GM will put in a SFA front end on the '12 models?

8. aeronutt

aeronutt Senior Member

Brand wars be damned. That's a nice looking truck and I LOVE my IFS. My only wish is that they strengthen it a little to get us up around 5100 FAWR with a snowplow prep package on extended cab D-Max models.

This is probably WAY to much to ask for and completely off topic, but it would be nice to have industry-wide standardized plow mounting pads just like we get industry-wide standardized trailer hitch receivers. That would allow any plow mount to bolt onto any truck.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  9. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

ok. i think chevy is dropping it, i agree with most on that page. all they have upgraded is the duramax probably only because of emission requirements. maybe someone can correct me. but dodge and ford stepped it up big time. although i did see GMC is building a 2500HD denali now. !=)

lol whoops thats how ford guys are, little behind times!

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

When I first saw them I was happy to see the headlamps aren't upside down. :laughing:

11. caddytruck89

caddytruck89 Senior Member

Upside down headlights... Now thats funny i dont care who ya are!

12. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

I sure hope not, I love my IFS a few extra pounds of spring wouldn't hurt but no way do I want to go back in time to a SFA, if I wanted 1930's technology I would buy a 1930's truck

13. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

I like straight axles. When I hit piles with my IFS it squats pretty good. I do like how the IFS holds up though. I have 101k on my 04 Duramax and the ball joints are still fine, straight axles are known to eat ball joints. Kind of a trade off I guess.

14. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

I heard that the GVRW of the front axle was suppose to be bumped up to 6K.

15. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I heard the same except only to 5200-5500 FAWR. Time will tell.