1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 Front End Sag - NOT

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Cosmic Charlie, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Cosmic Charlie

Cosmic Charlie Senior Member

I have a 2011 HD 2500 6.0 Exted with my 2003 Fisher 9' HD.
    All Stock with no Ballast with Plow Prep

My truck drops 7/8" with the blade raised vs on the ground, took pictures today.

My former 2004 HD 2500 6.0 Exted with my 2003 Fisher 9' HD.
    All Stock with no Ballast and Plow Prep
    My old truck dropped almost 3" with the blade raised vs on the ground.

ALL GOOD on the 2011 !

btw

the 2011 has dual batteries and the blade lift speed is WAY FASTER than my 2004 ever was with a single 875 CCA battery.

The new 2011 truck side electrical has a much noisier solenoid CLICK on every blade lift vs what the 2004 sounded like, maybe it's the dual battery Solenoid clicking in and not the plow set up solenoid ? Had Fisher check it out and they said no problem but changed the plow set up solenoid for free anyway ... still noisy

btw

my 2011 Fisher Push Button Controller was re-called and replaced for free ...
    seems the controller screws were too tight and ALL FAILED - making the controller open up exposing the printed circuit ...

Plowed my second storm in Mass today 1.5 inches - Oh Well - 1st was Halloween Night

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

The loud solenoid click more than likely is due to where it is mounted. If its directly on the sheet metal of the truck under the hood the noise of it resonates. I installed a plow on a 2011 GMC and i mounted it to the inside of the passenger side fender and you could certainly hear it click!!

3. Cosmic Charlie

Cosmic Charlie Senior Member

inside of the passenger side fender and you could certainly hear it click!!

Same here