1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011+ Ford superduty with boss plow guys...

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Do you have the headlight solenoid adapter kit?

The kit comes with two relays? For what?

the truck seems like plow lights work and so do truck lights, but eventually none work after turning them on and off.

Boss diagram for headlight kit says take the original harness pink wire and violet wire to tap into the new harness... yet in the original boss plow harness, its a bunch of light red wires, no pink and no violet... i need to find the headlight wires i guess.
  2. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

The relays are for the turn signals, not the headlights.

One of our trucks had some non working headlight issues, a real PITA as everything seemed right, the relays were working, tracing power back thru relay packs and everything was good. I pulled the headlight adapter plugs and ONE pin had SLIGHT corresion(sp) on it, cleaned it up and it all worked.

Every now and then when switching between lights, they'll go out and you have to cycle them on/off - more of a hassle than anything.

I've been told it has something to do with the Ford electronics and sensitivity, shuts a circuit down if it thinks something is wrong verses blowing a fuse - I dunno, we just work with it.