1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 Ford F250

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by deereequipment, Oct 10, 2010.

1. deereequipment

deereequipment Member

anyone know if the mounts and harness for a 2011 are the same as any older trucks?
    Western.com doesn't list for a 2011 yet.

Wondering if there are any changes since 2010 or 2009/2008.

Thanks.

2. John Murphy

John Murphy Senior Member

If the 2011 is a gas engine, the previous mount goes on with no change. If the 2011 is a diesel, the mount has been up-rev'd to a -1 part number. You'd need a new mount. The -1 version will be the new mount going forward and will cover gas or diesel applications.

3. deereequipment

deereequipment Member

I didn't realize Gas/Diesel made a difference.

I have the new gas engine.

So the mount is the same as a 2010?, even with the new 6.2l gas engine?
    What about 2009?

Thanks!

4. deereequipment

deereequipment Member

reason I am asking, I am shopping for a used plow, and need to know which "year's" have the same mounts as I am shopping.

An 2011 mount and harness is $2200.00, so I'd rather buy everything used, instead of spending almost $6000!!

5. John Murphy

John Murphy Senior Member

As long as your 2011 is a gas, the Super Duty mount from model years 2008 - 2010 will go right on it. The 2011 with a diesel has an interference with the mount and would need the up-rev'd mount.