1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 Ford F150 Eco Boost

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Bigdoghd, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Bigdoghd

Bigdoghd Member

I was wondering if anyone has come up with a solution of running a plow on the F150 with the power steering set up. In the past and the reason I bought this truck was to hang a plow on it. Then to find out you couldn't

Any info would be appreciated

2. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Guy on here did it, can't think of his username. I think he added the real lightweight Meyer or Western, I can't remember. The SnowWay plows would probably work too.

3. Jimmy_B

Jimmy_B Junior Member

I looked at 1/2 ton trucks when I bought my last one and asked the dealer about it. I am NOT a fan of hanging any plows off of trucks this small, but I only plow my driveway and had to ask about them. My dealer told me the plow will burn the power steering controller out and Ford won't warranty it. Ended my 1/2 ton discussions.

4. Bigdoghd

Bigdoghd Member

Well Jimmy, I read a lot about the Eco Boost and coming out of a H2 it had the pulling ability I needed and boy does it pull. I also mentioned that I was going to plow with it and I also have a small commercial property and a 900 foot drive away at home.

Took Del and winter was getting close and I decided to hand a plow. That's when I found out the saleman didnt no beans about the truck. It's a great truck pulls well mileage isn't even close to what they said, but it's better than the H2 .....so not much I can do. I owned it.

5. Jimmy_B

Jimmy_B Junior Member

I didn't realize you had already bought the truck, but I see that now after re-reading your original post. Good luck with this.

6. RMGLawn

RMGLawn Senior Member

The snoway 26 and 26r series bolt right on the 11 and newer f150. You could add any plow that fits a 2010 F150 as the frame is identical. If you add a plow you could always add a 2nd battery and isolate it to only run the plow so there is no disruption in the power steering system...what i will be doing this spring to my 2012

7. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Ditto,

I think he had a snow-way plow. The only plow manufacturer willing to put a plow on the EPAS systems.