1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 Ford F-350

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Pristine PM ltd, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

So, what gives Blizzard. I have been searching high and low for old style 8611 Low Pro's to put on the 2011's... only to be finally told that you don't make a mount for the 2011 for the older style... not cool.

I currently have 6 low pro's... and you made it so the new style does not fit the old style mounts... stupid, but you know what, I dealt with it... now I find out that you don't make the mounts anymore, you really are hurting someone that have put a ton of money into "your product". I understand that you bought the company and have redesigned the blade, but I can't understand why you would basically screw around with your base, your foundation.

Please help me understand. I only want to be able to use different trucks with different blades if I need to... If a truck breaks down, or a blade does, bang, we are good to go with our current setup.

Thanks,

Jon

2. Daveyboy

Daveyboy Junior Member

I called Kooy Bros last week about the use of the older style mount on the 2011's. They said it would only be a problem for the diesels and they can modify the mount to work anyway. It would just cost a little more. I hope that helps.

3. Pristine PM ltd

They are diesels, and Kooy told me they can't... who did you talk to there?

4. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

I was disappointed with this myself when I saw their response on the other site, that they won't be making any PH1 mounts as new vehicles come out. Sounds like custom fab time...

5. Pristine PM ltd

what words should I search for over there?

6. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

It was the annual blizzard tech week thread, where they have someone from DD answer questions for a week. Most of the way down on the 2nd page of the blizzard forum.

7. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Guess you will have to get Jerre or Chris to make you up a mount?

8. fireside

fireside Senior Member

my friend just got an 2011 ford desiel. He has a old style mount off the same 2009 f350. We did some measuring it will fit with some minor modifications the frame appears to be 5/8' wider on the 2011. We will make it fit. A little time with the welder and plasma cutter no problem. The undercarage on the 09 by far is much better than the new style 2011 but no comparasion to an 2004 or early frame.

9. Pristine PM ltd

I don't know, I have had issues with mods in the past. I like easy warranty work. Looks like it is time to check out the 86110lp.

10. Daveyboy

Daveyboy Junior Member

I'm not sure who I talked to at Kooy, but the guy put me on hold for about 5 mins before he got back to me with the answer. The only thing that he could not tell me was how much it was going to cost extra. I would never do any mods to the frame on the truck, but only to the harness.

11. Pristine PM ltd

I would get it in writing that you can mod the mount without having warranty issues.

12. Daveyboy

Daveyboy Junior Member

Agreed!!!!!!!!

13. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like a trip to Erie is just what the DR ordered.

14. John Murphy

John Murphy Senior Member

This is not true. We will be developing and offering a PH1 mount for the 2011 Ford Super Duty application. Since the 8611 is still on the PH1 platform, we will continue to support new vehicle applications with PH1 mounting systems. It should be available within the next few weeks.

John Murphy
    VP, Sales
    Douglas Dynamics

15. Pristine PM ltd

Good to hear, I have heard from a couple dealers that this isn't the case though... it might be a good idea to send out some information about this. I know it isn't a big market, but it is important to little guys like me.

Next problem, can you find me some used 8611lp's. :)

Thanks!

Jon

16. John Murphy

Jon -

I did a little more research on this this morning, and it does look like we let this one slip through the cracks. Way back in mid-June we communicated to our dealers about the status of the 2011 Ford Mounts. For gas engines, the previous year model kits carry-over without change. For diesel applications, there is a slight modification required.

However, when we released that communication, we failed to include the PH1 version of the mount only citing the update to the PH2 mount. The same is true of the PH1 mounts as well. If the 2011 truck is a gas, the 2010 mount, part number B31251 will fit without change. If the 2011 truck is a diesel, the new B31251-1 kit is required.

We'll get an updated communication out to our dealers ASAP. Thanks for bringing this to the site and to our attention.

John Murphy
    VP, Sales
    Douglas Dynamics

17. Pristine PM ltd

Thanks John, I appreciate what you are saying! Like I said though, finding used 8611 lp's is my next problem!

Can you sell me on why I should be going with the 86110lp over the old system? We will be getting more trucks in the future, but having 6 of the low pro's already, it is hard to make the change.

18. John Murphy

There are many reasons Jon, but one of the most obvious is the situation you now find yourself in currently. While we fully recognize that changing the vehicle mount and electrical platform is unpopular, there were many reasons for it, not the least of which are Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards that we (and our installing dealers) must comply with.

The PH2 is the platform of the future, and so an investment in PH2 is really an investment that makes the most long-term sense as you add additional units to your fleet in years to come. Unlike the PH1 that had multiple platforms from product segment to product segment, all PH2 models are on the same vehicle mount and electrical platform. As a result, within the framework of the PH2 mounting system, it is actually MORE interchangeable then the PH1 platform was.

The PH2 also offers state of the art technology throughout, including key components such as hydraulics, electrical systems, headlamps and controls - all of which lead to improved product performance and operator up-time. In addition, this new technology (multiplexing), also allows for both added feature enhancement and future platform growth as well. For example, in 2010, all PH2 plows come standard with our new Security Guard system. An electrical lock that can be placed on your snowplow by entering a code using the control, this system prevents anyone from driving into your plow, attaching it, and driving off. And only you know the code - you can enter the same code for your entire fleet of plows if you'd like, again for interchangeability from plow to plow and truck to truck.

All of this combines with what is, for the most part, a blade that is unchanged from it's PH1origin, and offering the same level of effieciency that you have come to expect.

John Murphy
    VP, Sales
    Douglas Dynamics

19. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

John, I know there was talk about an adapter similar to what you guys did with the Western line so the old plows could be used on a newer truck. Has there been anymore thought to that?

20. Pristine PM ltd

Thanks so much for your thoughts John, I am still a bit divided, but leaning towards the new.

The mounts are so very different lilweeds, I can't see how they would use an adapter.