Snow Plowing Forum banner

2011 Ford 6.7 Diesel Oil Change OUCH$$$$

51K views 70 replies 30 participants last post by  jmac5058 
#1 ·
Went to dealer to have oil changed, $235.00 including Def fluid @14.95. Ouch Engine holds 15 quarts of oil. Thank stings, this truck is great but expensive to own.:confused::confused:

#2 ·
i get 4 gallons of rotella syn and a motorcraft filter and can usually get by at $110, doing it myself, how much DEF fluid did it need?

#3 · (Edited)
They said one jug like $14.95, oil alone was $146 and change. I go to dealer because I recntly heard a horror story. My friend knows a guy who has the same truck. Guys turbos went bad and he had no proof of oil changes / receipts. Claimed he had his local gas station do it. Ford denied warranty! $11,000 bucks damage. Now of course there maybe more to the story, but I am going to the dealer.

So the oil change light comes on and off I go to the dealership where they have my rocords in their computer. Scary!

#4 ·
ken643;1428709 said:
Went to dealer to have oil changed, $235.00 including Def fluid @14.95. Ouch Engine holds 15 quarts of oil. Thank stings, this truck is great but expensive to own.:confused::confused:
You got screwed... I know my dealer is under $100.00 to do the same thing, can't find my last receipt at the moment but I know that much

#7 ·
ken643;1428839 said:
@exmark1 dam, i hope thats not right, or I really got screwed.
I will dig and find the receipt it's here somewhere... I could be wrong, but I know it wasn't that high or I would have pitched a fit over it

#8 ·
I just googled it and found some pages saying it 13 quarts, I think my receipt said 3 (i think they are in jugs) at $46 and change per unit. ( Dont have recipt handy right now to be exact. ) The total was $234 and change

Ill post exact prices later. but total is correct

#9 ·
Holy crap! I just the 6.0 L done a bit ago and the tech said Ford now says every 3k miles.....I don't think so. I was only charged 99.99 + tax but I'm not paying that every 3 months or 3k.

#10 ·
They told me every 5000 miles, but said the truck computer should be at 7500 miles. I dont know if the computer has a sensor as far as mileage and or idle running hours or its just a mileage timer. That tell you when to change it.

#11 ·
wait until your check coolant light comes on.....

#13 ·
ken643;1428709 said:
yes expensive but it isn't anymore than the 6.4 except for the def fluid. the 6.7 holds less oil so its probably cheaper than the 6.4. Anything done at the dealer is expensive. Not really sure Ford could void the warranty because you change your own oil.

#14 ·
ken643;1428878 said:
I just googled it and found some pages saying it 13 quarts, I think my receipt said 3 (i think they are in jugs) at $46 and change per unit. ( Dont have recipt handy right now to be exact. ) The total was $234 and change

Ill post exact prices later. but total is correct
The jug's they use are 5 quart jugs as far as I know, better make sure it doesn't have 2 extra quarts in it unless someone was paying attention.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Motorcraft-Motor-Oil-15W40-5qt/16940218

#17 ·
Mine was 102.67 total with everything when I had it serviced including the DEF fill

#18 ·
The computer in the 6.7 measures the amount of carbon in the oil so depending on how hard you work the engine you could get anywhere from 5,000-7,500 miles per oil change

#19 ·
Our Mechanics at work write the oil capacity right on the underside of the hood in marker.
We have 2 different diesels and 3 different gas engines in the fleet. This way they know at a glance how much it takes. I do that with the 5 vehicles I have. Being fleet manager it tells me at a glance the DANG MALIBU takes 4.7 qts. I always have .3 qts of oil around!

#20 ·
You have to change your oil???:confused::confused: I thought the new trend was to drive a vehicle until it breaks, then figure out why it broke:laughing:

#21 ·
My dad just had a coupon from the dealer for a $70 change on his 6.7. So he jumped on it. Of course they wanted to rotate tires and top of the DEF to make the money. But for a straight oil change it was pretty cheap and for $25 he didn't feel like doing the tire rotation on his own.

#25 ·
oh yeah , oil filter is 21.00 and 3.5 gallons of 15/40 synthetic valvoline is 100.00.
then the fuel filters every 10k are 75.00 . oooh weee. its worth that power .

gotta have the mods like cai, zoodad,5''pipes and tunes . nothing like a 7300# pick up that goes 0-60 in 3 seconds

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.