1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 ford 250 diesel or gas???

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Sealer People, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

Looking to purchase a new truck before the winter season.

Ive been working with diesel trucks & never a gas truck for snow plowing.

The new gas motor from ford is a 6.2 litre & Ive heard pretty good feedback.

Anyone have any advice ?

2. 54powerwagon

54powerwagon Senior Member

i picked up my new diesel tuesday first 100 miles and its by far the best one i have had.
  3. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

4. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

if you buy the diesel you'll think you bought the gas.... They are crazy quite and my buddies getting really good fuel economy outta the diesel...
  5. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

Diesiel no doubt
  6. onsight

onsight Senior Member

Diesel all the way!
  7. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

I'm a GM man myself, but we test drove a new ford diesel the other day, had to check the tach to see if it was running! Man, these new machines are quiet. As for your question, if you've been plowing with a diesel, chances are a gasser will just dissapoint you. Diesels are heavier by nature, which generally I prefer in plowing. The torque from a diesel is completely unparalleled by a gas job, diesels just have more omph when you get that BIG push going. IMO, if you've been running a diesel so far and have liked it, a gas job will always see substandard. Just my 2 cents.
  8. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

anything over a 1/2 ton needs a diesel. Hell go out and buy a tuner and set it for fuel economy and you will blow that gasser out of the water!
  9. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

How does the additonal cost of the diesel fit into your budget, that should be the obvious question?
  10. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

My thoughts exactly!
  11. wewille

wewille Senior Member

Test drive them both then see what you can afford. Without a doubt you will like the the diesel better. But as said before how much do you want to spend? So far there have been no real issues with either motor...
  12. SnoPro Inc

SnoPro Inc Senior Member

The new 6.7's are TOO QUIET. :( But Diesel forsure! got to ride in one the other day, they have great power, and the guy i was with was getting 21mpg on the highway.