1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 F450 Wiring Help

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by BennyLumpkin, Oct 5, 2011.

1. BennyLumpkin

BennyLumpkin Junior Member

Hey guys I'm a newb to the site but I've been trolling awhile. I got an F450 V10 I just installed a VXT 9'2" and everything is good to go except the wiring for the turn signals/marker lights. I just cant get it and the wiring schematic is what I followed. I wired it up how it showed and my marker lights wont work, and when I turn my turns on it flashes all my markers. More than one thing is crossed and I know that....any help is appreciated!

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Time to go back to the drawing board. I think you have the parking light wore hooked up to the turn signals. Red goes to the ppass turn yellow and purple go to drivers side. I forget which one does what, but get a test light and figure out which wire does what on the truck then try is on the plows harness with the plow hooked to the truck. Its pretty simple to do, so don't stress to much about it. Just take your time.

3. BennyLumpkin

I did take my time, and the wiring schematic makes no sense. I just have to go back over it. Thing that doesnt make sense to me is that there are 4 wires off the relay set, and only 3 to use on the truck.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Is the plow setup new? What 4 wires off the relays are you refurring to? Is there 4 relays or 6?

5. BennyLumpkin

2 relays by themselves that are for signals and markers.

6. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

Did you tap the 13 pin purple and pink wires correctly from the headlight adapter relays? They should be spliced in with the solid wires tapping the "high-side" and the tracer wires tapping the "low-side".

7. BennyLumpkin

The headlights work perfectly. Its only the marker and turns I have a problem with. I've been super busy and havent had time to look at this much.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You're wiring it wrong. The three wires exiting the plow harness (violet, purple and yellow) tap into the truck, then you splice the relay kits in parallel into those same wires in the plow harness.

9. BennyLumpkin

Thats what I'm trying to find a schematic for....it doesnt show it that way in the manual I downloaded from Boss and thats what's got me scratching my head....I know I'm wiring it wrong....if I wasnt, I wouldnt be asking how to do it lol

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The two relays are for turn signals ONLY, left and right. You do not tie the markers into the same two relays also. Or did you use a third one for the markers?

Link me to the schematics you're using before we progress further.

11. BennyLumpkin

Ill try an d find that link. The paper boss gave me showed that one relay is for markers and the other for signals.

12. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

From the harness you will have a purple wire and yellow wire leading down to the driver's side headlight. The purple wire taps into the turn signal wire and the yellow wire taps into the parking lights wire. The pink wire leading over to the passenger's side headlight taps into the turn signal wire on that side. The 2-relay pack in your headlight adapter kit has 1 purple wire, 1 pink wire, 1 purple wire with a white tracer, and 1 pink wire with a white tracer. All 4 wires splice into the part of the harness leading to your 13 pin connector at the bumper. Find the purple and pink wires inside the harness leading to the 13 pin connector. The wires from the relay pack splice into the 2 wires, with the solid wires "upstream" and the wires with the white tracers "downstream"

13. BennyLumpkin

That's the kinda instructions I was looking for. Thanks!

14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

And the install paperwork says the same thing. Sounds like you didn't read it.

15. BennyLumpkin

I think I may just not have comprehended it is all.

16. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

Did you get it wired correctly?