1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 F350 buying experience

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by 06HD BOSS, Sep 5, 2010.

1. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Hey guys, its been some time since my last visit to plowsite, been busy dedicating time to my business. As im sure you know from my user name, i used to own a 2006 Silverado 2500hd. I am now a Ford man across the board. I drove the Chevy for the last time this past week. I've been getting buy-back notices from GM offering 120% of blue book for the past 6months and thinking "ya ok" everytime i got one. I decided to pursue the last notice and found out they werent B.S.ing me. The money could be used towards a new vehicle or to cut me a check. I got that number in writing and took it straight to the Ford dealer and when they gave me a trade-in price for my Chevy, i asked if they would match what the Chevy dealer offered and they did (after negotiations on a new truck of course). So there i was left in shock, litterally. I couldnt believe what i was offered for my Chevy and the deal on the F350.
    When the dealer started the search for my F350 there was nothing around with what i wanted. All i wanted was a red f350 supercab, 4x4, power windows and locks, diesel. That left us finding an XL package somewhere in NY. Black bumpers & grill, vinyl interior and floors, ugly steel wheels, etc. But no problem, thats all i needed, it would be a work/personal truck. So i gave them a deposit and he said they could have it in 24hrs. I get a call the next morning saying he didnt realize it was a long bed (i wanted a short bed), i told him forget it and look for another truck. So they call me a couple hours later, located one in Maine, but its an XLT package with blah blah blah blah. I say ok whats the price difference, he tells me its $x.xx higher but ill sell it to you for the same price i quoted you on the XL package. What?! Ok get the truck down here! He says we'll have it in a day or 2.
    Calls me the next morning at 8am, hes kinda shocked, says the truck is already on the lot. Coincidentally enough the dealer from Maine had no idea i wanted the truck but brought it down on a swap for a mustang that my dealership had. Got my truck a day earlier than planned, plus got all the amenities of an XLT for the price of an XL. The dealership / salesman was very helpful, not pushy to make a sale, i had a great buying experience and would do the whole process over again if i could.

Ill end this by saying, this is the nicest, smoothest, fastest, quietest truck i have ever driven. Its got the balls of a race car and pushes your ass back in the seat when you hit the pedal at any speed.

Heres a few pics that i posted in the picture forum also.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Some guys have all the luck....... hopefully the 6.7 proves reliable for you.

3. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

whyd chevy offer to buy urs back?

4. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Obama's Cash for Clunkers has taken a lot of used vehicles of the road. Including used trucks which don't get the best mileage. They need more used vehicles at dealerships. Plus, they make a ton on financing bonuses selling used cars at high interest rates.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  5. fisher guy

oh ok thanx j diepstra i wish ford would send me letters like that my 6.0 has 157k on her right now its time to get in to something a little more comfortable

6. 06HD BOSS

Yes, JD is right on about that. Also around here theres a huge market for used trucks and there are very few desirable ones around. The dealer showed me something on his computer program after he entered my VIN and mileage and did a 300mile radius search where it only showed 7 trucks basically identical to mine with options, body style and mileage. Mine had the lowest mileage of all the other 7. And it put it on the top of the list which then gives them the price to offer me. This was at the chevy dealer.

I was getting buy back letters once every 6 weeks for the past half of year.

As for something "a little more comfortable", i will tell you these are the most comfortable seats i have ever sat in, in any vehicle whether it be a car or truck. No exaggeration

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  7. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

So, the 06HD Boss isnt gonna work for ya now? LOL...

8. 06HD BOSS

Hmm...well i still have an 06, and i still have a Boss. I guess the HD will have to stand for haulin diesel or something ha. Im open to suggestions :cool:

9. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

humpty dumpty ;)

Congrats on the new truck :drinkup:

10. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Harley Davidson
    and congratson the new truck....looks good

11. fisher guy

oh yes i totally agree with ya i test drove a 2011 f450 lariat and i fell in love only thing that turned me off was the 58,000 price tag lol but eventually i will own one

12. 06FX4Blizzard

06FX4Blizzard Member
    from NE ohio

Good choice on the truck.. i have a 2011 f350 lariat with the 6.7

13. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

nice truck, what dealer did you get it from?

14. 06HD BOSS

Thanks, this truck is all i could ever want and need.
    Thanks. Morande in Berlin.

15. 06FX4Blizzard

06FX4Blizzard Member
    from NE ohio

not sure if you know.. but there is a new flash for the 2011 6,7 to give it more hp and torque from your ford dealer.... i know the hp will go to 400.. not sure on the torque.

16. onsight

onsight Senior Member

The upgrade takes torque up to 800 ft lbs. Just had mine done yesterday, really helps with trans shifts along with a somewhat noticable power increase.

17. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

I have had my 2011 F350 Crew Cab King Ranch 6.7 for 30 days and love it. I ordered it and the sticker was $66,000. I thought I only paid $45,000 for my first house !!! (LOL). Oh well, I love it. Need to call dealer tomorrow about the "flash" to see if mine needs it. Thanks for the info !

18. 06HD BOSS

I believe mine got done before i took delivery. Dealer said any truck purchased after a certain date in August would have it before leaving the lot. But im going to call to make sure anyways.

19. wazybear

wazybear Junior Member

Putting a Boss plow on this F350 2011

Hey new guy to this site but help me out please
    I have a 2011 F350 PS 6.7L and an older poly V off my 2006 I wish to put on this great truck.

What do I needed? I am being told alot from the local Boss dealer, like everything

Does nothing for this mount I have fit this truck.

Electrical: headlight adptors most likely are needed.

If you got time thank for your reply.

Waz

20. onsight

onsight Senior Member

I know you will need a new undercarriage -I think a new wiring harness also but I am not positive on that, you might be able to make your old one work.