1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 F350 9'6 xV "Big Red"

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by electricmanscot, Oct 23, 2011.

1. electricmanscot

electricmanscot Junior Member

First year plowing solo and for myself. Doing driveways to help offset the cost of the new truck. Pray for snow.

BTW, been lurking for a while. Lot's of helpful info here. Thank you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

sweet truck. Good luck this year

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Very nice truck. I like how you will always have tools with you while you are out. Electrical to boot!!

I knew you were form Mass before I looked at your location. I could tell by the truck (plow was a clue too). It seems that trucks look a certain way depending on the area of the country. We have the most boring looking work trucks ever down here.

4. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Your going to plow driveways with that... good luck

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Just curious ,instead of trying to do plowing can't you try and increase your other business first?

6. electricmanscot

We have pretty good sized driveways in my town.

I actually did that. That's how I was able to buy the truck. Still have payments though. I'm a winter lover, snow, blizzards whatever, I'm out in them. Just another way to try to make money off the truck.

7. DaveCN5

DaveCN5 Senior Member

Should have gotten a red plow to match "Big Red" ;)

8. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

Nice setup!

9. Mabepossibly

Mabepossibly Senior Member

Most construction work dies off pretty fast when the snow flies. I work in heavy highway / civil construction and most of us make all our money March - Oct and go on unemployment for the winter. Most guys get pissed if they arent laid off before thanksgiving.

10. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Thats a really nice looking rig. Should really push some snow for sure. The only problem I see is backing up with that huge enclosed box on there. You'll just have to learn to be really good with your mirrors. hahaha

11. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Nice TRUCK!! Tough for driveways I would think, but still doable. best of luck with it!! Think SNOW, Guess by the lack of the B20 decal you have a gasser.

12. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

I sudgest you go out and get one of those backup cams Like ASAP! Thats freakin' dangerous! And it will help you out!
    Also should of gotten a Boss plow! Or ATLEAST a western! ussmileyflag

On the bright-side, Now when you pull up to your customers house and see the driveway hasnt been plowed, you can say For X amount of bucks i'll plow it.

13. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice truck and plow

14. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Oh man...agree on the backing up a residential driveway.

With the size of that thing, screw the sissy driveways and go for some commercial properties...that's where you'll make the jack !!

15. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Massive bump but whatever. Nice to see this guy is still in business as I saw this truck today and those plow mounts have definitely been used.

16. electricmanscot

Oh yeah, lot's of use. payup

[​IMG]

17. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

Definitely is a nice truck for sure!

18. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice looking setup

19. Santry426

Santry426 Senior Member

That high box might be a pain with low hanging trees from snow load !