1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 F250 Western Plow Choice Advice

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by gvales, Nov 15, 2011.

1. gvales

gvales Junior Member

I have a 2011 f250 xlt SuperCrew 6.5 bed Gasser and Plow package. I will be plowing mainly my straight long access driveway and large pad in front of 3 bay garage. I am trying to decide on whether to get a western 8' Pro Plow or the 8' Pro Plus. The price difference is very small and not a factor to me, but the weight difference is the only thing that really concerns me. Can anyone shed a little insight on any concerns I should have and maybe which way to sway on this purchase?

Thanks

2. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

I wouldnt worry about weight. I put a 900lb plow on my 2011 F250 with no problems

3. 07F-250V10

07F-250V10 Senior Member

The Pro Plus is the best plow Western makes. Its super heavy duty and will last you a long time. Owning a Pro Plus i would never buy a Pro model, you can also put the western wings on the Pro Plus but not the Pro

4. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I have the pro plus and my dad has a pro. The only thing I like about his is the blade sits closer to the truck than the pro pluses. When doing a lot of backdragging I like how far mine sticks out but in real tight areas it would be nice to have the extra room. In every other way I would choose the plus every time.

5. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

pro plus 8' or 8.5'

6. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

8 ft. Pro.

Why put the extra weight on your front end if you don't have to? Especially if your just doing your driveway, not to mention the extra cost.

7. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

Boss 9.2 Vxt....

8. gvales

gvales Junior Member

That was somewhat my concern. But I see it can handle it, and I wont be tooling around with it attached alot. It's more for personal use. Some peeps might say if only personal use, why get so much plow....well for a few hundred dollars difference, I go from a budget plow to the pro plus. I'm assuming it will give me a better scrape with the extra weight to?

I just didn't want the truck to be ruled by the plows weight when pushing snow around. I believe the weight difference is only 130#.

I have scheduled my truck for next wed for the install of the pro plus :)

9. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

You really won't be pushed around at all. A Pro is more than enough for your driveway and will scape just as well. It's your money, but it really is a waste. You can carry it fine, but if it's just for something as simple as your driveway, why put the extra wear and tear on your truck? A front end rebuild can total over 2k not including labor and tax.