1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 F250 under the bumper air dam.........

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by mjstef, Oct 25, 2014.

1. mjstef

mjstef Senior Member

Remove it for the winter or notch it out for the mounting ears. Fisher XV2 BTW.

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I haven't mounted my western brackets on my 2015 I seen a guy cut notches and left it on looks funny when the receivers are removed So thinking Im going remove mine period

3. mjstef

mjstef Senior Member

Kind of what i was thinking and put it back on for the summer when i run a lot more miles. I have read it's worth .5 mpg...........

4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I'm not worried about .5 more mpg since mine is a work truck it might never get out of town

5. mjstef

mjstef Senior Member

I run about 30,000 miles a year, 90% on the highway as we have towns few and far between. Left the midwest and the rat race nearly 20 years ago. Don't miss it..............

6. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

Unless you are planning on taking the push plates off each summer then notch it.

7. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

5 mpg from a 2" airdam ? Did you read that on the internet.

8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

.5. You missed the period in.front.

9. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Sorry , .5 mpg I would go with.

10. Cond Enterprise

Cond Enterprise Member

I pulled mine off and didn't like the exposed chrome edge that is under the bumper. I then measured the distance from the bumper to the top of where it would be notched, then marked the whole airdam and cut it straight across. I think it looks better than if it was gone or notched, seriously .5 mpg..if your worried about why did you buy a real truck??

11. mjstef

mjstef Senior Member

Hey, $200 a year here, $200 a year there it all adds up in the end. Not overly concerned but it doesn't take much effort for a little savings. I am an oddball out here as i'm one of the few who isn't running 85MPH day in and day out........

12. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

This.......

13. mjstef

mjstef Senior Member

14. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I did the same e thing cut it all the way across instead of notching it. I have a western however. Someone told me they bought a valance for a 2wd and it was shorter and looked good.

15. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

As far as the chrome, I black it with undercoating as well as the mount itself.

16. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Remove it.

17. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

Mine got tore off the first storm I plowed with it. With my boss mount they just cut a huge section of it off. I took it to the dump and didnt notice a drop in mpg. If you do any offroading or plowing I can't see it staying in place for long anyways

18. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

correct . 86 the air dammit. never had an issue in summer or winter.