1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 F250 + $7000.00 For 2015 F350

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by thelettuceman, Oct 14, 2014.

1. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

I am thinking about making the move. The above is not a mis-print. All I need to do is move the Western Plow over. Any thoughts on this?

2. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

how many miles on your 2011? I would do that offer if I had it with my 2011 f250, but it would not happen.

3. thelettuceman

36,000 miles

4. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

Is the F-350 similarly equipped (not going from a King Ranch to an XLT)?

5. weekendwrench

weekendwrench Senior Member

Are u stepping up in options? Hard to say if it’s a good deal without know the difference between the two trucks or how much u owe on the 11. I traded my 11 for a 13 in last fall for just a signature no money out of pocket. I got the same tuck just new. Without knowing the details try to get more for the trade ant the price down. Just my $.02

6. thelettuceman

Nothing owed on the 2011. Difference> Getting a F350 Same truck otherwise but no diesel. Never had a need for the diesel. I do not haul / tow anything. All options are the same.

7. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Is your 2011 a diesel??

8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Yes. It's in his sig. I went back to a gasser and have no regrets.

9. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

you are getting ripped off. the 2011 diesel with 36K miles will sell for more than or about equal to the 2015 gas job.

if anything, do a fair trade.

10. weekendwrench

Then why step up to a 350?

I was thinking the same thing. I don't know about a even trade they want to make $$ too. 3K and the 11, get the new one. Nothing beats a new truck.

11. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

That doesn't sound like a good deal if the 2015 isn't diesel.

12. thelettuceman

I did not pull the trigger. I am having second thoughts. My current truck has a FORD extended warranty > 7 year / 200,000 miles.

What stopped me in my tracks was this >>>> $2200.00 to switch the 8' Western Plow from the old truck to the new. I was quoted $5100.00 for a new Western installed. 40% of the cost of a new one just to switch trucks.

I was thinking between $800 - $975.00 for the switch. Anyone care to chime in on the $2200.00 pricing.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  13. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Yea thats bs. Unless the mounts are not the same. Mounts can be expensive. Should be at most a 7hr job, dealerships labor rate are always crazy high. Do the job youself and save $1,000! Take off is super easy.

14. weekendwrench

WHAT? $2200 there sniffing glue!! I paid $500 at the western dealer to swap my mount and wiring form one truck to the next. I don’t think it’s that much to get a new plow installed.

15. thelettuceman

Good advice but >>>>> Since I am an amateur, I am sure the warranty will be voided on the new truck <which I have decided not to buy because of this $2200.00 item>

16. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Why would the warranty be voided?

I mean just ask a local dealer to swap it for you. 2200 is completely ridiculous

17. thelettuceman

maelawncare suggest that I do it myself (to which I answered why I would not do it myself) and I could not expect the Ford dealer to do it for free.

If the dealer does not meet it's sales figures by the end of this month, they will be calling me.

18. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Why are you not getting it changed over at the plow dealer?

19. thelettuceman

That is where the Ford dealer subs that kind of work to.

20. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Bring kt down to annapolis and have s and s do it.

Or bring it to me if you want to drive for 2 hours twice lol