1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 f2250 front lower foil

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by ramrod98, Jul 30, 2011.

1. ramrod98

ramrod98 Member
    from NEPA

wondering if anyone has removed this lower foil from under the front bumper when installing a plow ? seems to not have much ground clearance with it on. i am taking delivery this tuesday of my 11 f250 and the plow is suppose to be installed tuesday morning. Might have them take it off instead of cutting to put the plow mount on. any suggestions would be appreciated or if anyone has done this or not
  2. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

You have twos choice remove it or notch it. Most trucks I see don't have them.
  3. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

You could trim the whole thing shorter too. I know it's there for fuel economy, but them big air dams are just plain ugly!
  4. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I took mine off completely, that's what everyone around here does weather it's put on at a dealer or at home. Alot of them that don't even have plows you see running around with that air dam removed
  5. gtstang462002

gtstang462002 Senior Member

I notched mine, it just about covers the Boss mount completely. I think that it looks better with it than without it.
  6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

I trimmed mine. If i remember, i think i took about 3" or 4" off.

7. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

They just notched mine to install the brackets for a Western MVP - barely noticable.
  8. gtstang462002

gtstang462002 Senior Member

9. snorider075

snorider075 Senior Member

Took it off. Then will put it back on when truck gets traded.
  10. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Personally, I would just have them remove it, its just one more thing that could crack or just break off while plowing. Then if and when you trade it in stick it back on.
  11. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

06HDBOSS thats a bad ars looking little red wagon you got there.:drinkup: