1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 f150 crew cab and a snowbear

Discussion in 'Snowbear Plows' started by hero419, May 17, 2011.

1. hero419

hero419 Member
    from nepa

Does Snowbear make a plow mount for a 2011 f150 Crew cab?

Will the plow void the ford warranty?

Thanks

2. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

No plows on the 2011 F150 due to the electric power steering, per Ford. Any plow on a 2011 F150 will void the warranty.

3. hero419

hero419 Member
    from nepa

two salesmen from 2 different dealerships told me that a plow does not void the warranty unless the damage was caused by the plow.
    I don't know who to believe

4. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

A receiver hitch should be able to be put on the front end of the truck. Any extra electrical load on the truck will mess up the power steering and void the warranty. This also means no winch can be put on the truck. Putting a lift on the truck is also considered out of the question. To raise the truck, the electronic power steering has to be disconnected for the work, then reconnected after the lift is put on. Then the system would need to be checked to make sure it does not put too much stress on the steering system. The snow sport might be the only plow that can be put on an F150.

5. wizardsr

There's a memo out FROM FORD on this. I'll see if I can find it.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Q-200 it is posted in a couple other 2011 threads. Ford is protecting themselves from liability issues.That's why the plow companies are not listing them in the fit guides. So you're on your own if you lose control and run over a car or into a house and kill a couple people, they not only informed you the vehicle was not capable they refused to warranty the vehicle if you did, therefore they are not in any way liable.

7. wizardsr