1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 f-350

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by FLC2004, Sep 5, 2010.

1. FLC2004

FLC2004 Senior Member

Looking to purchase a new 2011 F-350 , cant decide on gas/diesel. The 6.2 is supposed to be putting out good power for a gas engine. I have 2 salters in trucks already so this truck wont have a salter in it, but im putting a mvp pro on it or a wide-out. Anyone have a 011 with the 6.2 in it? Looking for personal reviews on all around performance. The diesel is nice, took one for a test drive but not really gonna work this truck to death so i can't see spending all the extra money. Any feedback on the 6.2 would be helpful. Thanks
  2. canadiantowman

canadiantowman Member

I took one out last week and it seemed ok, the pedal felt like you really had to push it to get it to go. I would buy one then go look for a chip.
  3. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Or, just get the diesel and know you have all the power you'll ever need right out of the box.
  4. FLC2004

FLC2004 Senior Member

This is true. I love the 6.4 in my 550. Im leaning towards diesel and just wanted to hear some 6.2 reviews before i jumped right into it but the more i think about it your right, and anyways whats another $6,000 if i'm already spending $50,000. lol I'm gonna take the diesel out one more time, and i might take the 6.2 out after just to feel the difference. I'll keep everyone posted.
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  5. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

Go for the diesel, my 2011 F350 Crew Cab King Ranch 6.7 is awesome !!!
  6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

I have to agree. Hands down the best vehicle ive ever driven. I see it in the driveway every morning and still cant believe its mine
  7. FLC2004

FLC2004 Senior Member

I can't wait to know that feeling, lol.
  8. onsight

onsight Senior Member

Without a doubt - go for the diesel !
  9. FLC2004

FLC2004 Senior Member

Im pretty much set on the diesel, i took the 6.2 for a ride after lunch today and have mixed feelings about it. It was the 1st time i test drove one with the 6.2 and although its a huge upgrade from the 5.4, it's definately not even comparible to the 6.8 V-10 which was a huge mistake to not be optional anymore in the 250 or 350 trim. Its got a ton of power for a v-8 but i realized after i drove it, its not for me. I can't see spending all that money on a brand new truck and go to move my skid or something and be beating the hell outta a truck thats got only a few thousand miles on it.
  10. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

The new 6.7 is a lot quicker and more fuel efficient then the 6.4 if you love your 6.4 you will have an affair with the 6.7 in a heart beat. I had the 6.4 in my other truck and now that i have a 6.7 you could not force me back to a 6.4
  11. matter

matter Junior Member

must i slap you for such a stupid question, go diesel and never look back
  12. hatchet45

hatchet45 Junior Member
    from ny

Go Diesel!
  13. deereequipment

deereequipment Member

Everyone says go diesel, but I just bought on 011 f250 3 days ago.
    It has the 6.2, and I've pulled my trailer already.
    It seems to have plenty of pull, but of course, it is paired with a new transmission too.

I was told the 6.2 is suppose to have more torque, to compete against the diesel. We'll see.

good luck.
  14. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I would don't know where I stand on this yet. The 6.7L is really, really complicated, but really, really, nice. I mean 400 HP and 800 lb. ft. :dizzy: While the 6.2 isn't bad either, I think for the first time in a long time I would want a diesel engine, and I'm a die hard V10 guy, I just hope it is reliable. That's why I would wait a couple year or so and see how it does.

As for the plow, go with the WideOut, no question.