1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 F-350 w/ Western MVP

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by seville009, Aug 17, 2010.

1. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

2011 F-350/Excursion with 8.5' Western MVP....

2. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

That looks awesome. Did you have that built?
  3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

That turned out really nice. Good luck with it.

4. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Now THAT is something I would love to see more of. That is awesome!
  5. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

thats awsome I bet its diesel right ussmileyflag:cool:
  6. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

my jaw just dropped to the floor.....im in love
  7. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

whats the story on this beast??????????
  8. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Not realy a SUV guy but that is nice.
  9. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

unfortunately its a gasser. theres a whole big thread about it on the "other" site. hopefully he can post some more pictures and update info on it since its all done. looks sweet just with they would have matched the back fenders to the front and it would be perfect. :drinkup:
  10. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Yup - it's a gas engine - 6.2l. Great engine so far - real smooth and the power is such that it feels like there's no weight to the truck at all. Averaging a little over 11 mpg overall with alot of lead foot acceleration (engine has a nice gowl to it)

It was a 2011 F-350 CC that a company converted to an Excursion. They basically cut about two feet off the frame, use a new drive shaft, and cut the orignal body off from the passenger doors back, and then weld on an original Excursion body from the back doors back.

Not sure if they would be able to convert a diesel due to evidently the new requirement that the cab be removed for certain engine work.

Ford did a nice job on the 2011. I have a 2006 F-350 CC (with the 5.4l V-8) to compare it to. The turning radius on the 2011 is really great (small). Haven't towed with it yet, but it should be alot better than the 2006.

11 X 2 006.jpg

11 X 2 029.jpg
  11. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

I just still cant believe the amount of money you spent to have that sucka converted. I mean if i had it i might, but still you could of bought 2 more excursions for the prices of that conversion.
  12. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Yeah - thought about it alot before I did it, but I'm getting older and it's time to splurge a bit on myself. No difference than if I decided to buy a Corvette instead. The "real" Excursions are getting too old though, and too high mileage. I have continued looking at them over the years, but by now the youngest excursion is five years old.
  13. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

Very Sharp Looking!!!!!!!
  14. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

For that kinda money I'd expect the body lines to match up- that is cutting corners/unprofessional in my opinion especially for a "custom" shop. Otherwise that's a real nice truck.
  15. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Body lines match up ok - I think it's just how the sun light is reflecting off the truck in the pictures.

The rear bumper is the original from the 2011 F-350, so it does match with the OEM front too.

Like I say, I could've blown the money on a Corvette, but what can you do with a Corvette? Old age has its privileges.......
  16. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Congrates on the new ride it looks great. People always hate on the things they want but can't afford. If you want a 60, 70, $80,000 Excursion and you can afford it thats great, at least you can use it and make money (If you want to). I have seen a couple new diesels on a few other forums im on, so it is possible. Great choice of plow btw.
  17. SIWEL

SIWEL Senior Member

What company did the conversion? I miss the old excursions.
  18. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

That is sweet.. I love my Ex and don't know what i'd do without it. I didn't even know they did this conversion..

Congrats on a sweet ride.
  19. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

I don't know about everybody else, but I like it!
  20. 05 superduty

05 superduty Member
    from NJ

Same one you got:laughing: