1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 Duramax. Leveling kit ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by burtle, Dec 15, 2015.

1. burtle

burtle Member
    from USA

Hey guys I am looking for some advice. I have a stock 2011 Crew cab short bed duramax. Should I put a leveling kit on it or just go with timbrens?

The plow will a Boss v plow 9'2"

2. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

Does it have plow prep? Look on the decal inside the glove box for the RPO code VYU. If it does, you're good to go.

If it doesn't, you'll have the 5200# front end. As long as it isn't under warranty anymore, you're still good to go. ;)

The only major difference is the torsion bars.

3. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

is your plow out of spec when installed? are you running ballast?

4. burtle

burtle Member
    from USA

I don't have the snow plow prep. Wish I did!

I haven't put a plow on it yet. I guess I will just wait and see. I'm just trying to get all of my ducks in a row for when I do put one on it

5. $chultz38

$chultz38 Junior Member
    from Iowa

You will be fine I run a 8 6 mvp + on my 11 CCSB duramax with the 5200 ft end. You might turn up the bars a turn or 2

6. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

with the 6k front end on mine (diesel) and ballast in the back with an 830ish lb plow the front only drops about 3/4 inch or so with the plow up in the air.