1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 Duramax in a 3500 dump

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by KCAPXIS, May 9, 2011.

1. KCAPXIS

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

I got a new 2011 3500 GMC dump with the New 395 HP urea injection.. in Dec 2010

now i am not new to Diesels,, this is # 6 in the driveway, Put plow on and a spreader in it and off to work we go...... I think it lacks some power ??? talk to dealer about it, Think it needs to be broke in ?? ok and this thing never moves with out a plow and a load of salt on it
    Still runs like a DOG.

I just found out today that chevy and GMC de tune there work trucks down to 330 HP

Why ????
    now what do I do ???
    Paid appx 10 K for the Dmax/ally up grade, for what.

Just need to start my venting before I go to the dealer and ask for the other 60 + HP that I paid for and did not get..

2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Everyone does that... Its not just GM...

Its for self presveration, so it dosent blow up as in that truck its getting worked a bit harder then the normal...

3. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

If your that concerned about it and the dealer wont do anything, you could always chip it. probably not what you wanted to hear but a solution nontheless. On a side note, how has that urea injection worked for you?

4. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

Who a trailer up to it. And run it up a hill. If you lose speed and no power bring it back to a Comercial Chevy dealer that deal with the big trucks. They will fix it

5. KCAPXIS

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

Truck had less than 1000 miles and the dash said 200 miles left on exaust fluid Dealer had to remove tank to empty it totally and reset computer,,,, then @ 2000 ish miles same thing showed up one day, but fixed its self before we could get it to dealer.

Very Very smooth and supper quit almost happy with it If it could pull the hills here and keep up with my older trucks...

6. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Your motor is actually the LGH, don't be mad you got what you paid for. I can't believe you can tell that much of a difference between the two. It's 335hp 685tq. I will bet the farm the dealer won't load the pickup tune into it.