1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 duramax cranked bars/bigger tires void warranty?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Kid-Dmax, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Kid-Dmax

Kid-Dmax Junior Member

Hey guys, just picked up a fully loaded 2011 lml duramax for a daily/nice truck and i am looking to put 295/65/18 on factory wheels. I am gonna need to crank the bars, and play with the inner fender a bit, but will this setup with cranked bars and bigger than stock tires void the 12k cpo bumper to bumper warranty?

Thanks,
    Hank

2. R&J Whitetails

R&J Whitetails Member
    from ND

Thanks,
    Hank[/QUOTE]

3. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

I would talk to your local dealer where warranty work would be getting done

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like aftermarket warranty on used truck...careful

5. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

They're going to tell him it will. Even though it legally won't.

6. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Not a fight I want to try to win and argue every time I need work done

7. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

This! :salute:

8. Kid-Dmax

Kid-Dmax Junior Member

no aftermarket warranty here, certified pre owned general motors bumper to bumper warranty. 1 year or 12k miles.

I bought the truck in mass but i will ask the dealer around here how much i can get away with i guess, a friend of a friend owns a jacked up duramax and is a technician there so maybe they can help me out if i have them install the tires, even if it cost a few hundred more for them to do it if i can maintain the warranty it is worth it.

these factory tires blow and i cant even begin to imagine how ****** they will be in the snow.

9. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

OP

What type of plow do you have?
    why do i ask because this lift and taller tires change the geometry, you will need to lowed your plow mount.

wide tires perform even more poorly in snow compared the smaller narrow tire that is on the truck now.

why do you need a lift surely it's not to plow snow with.

10. Sawboy

Going with bigger tires is going to make your snow performance worse.

11. Kid-Dmax

Kid-Dmax Junior Member

I consider all of these things when i buy new tires, however this truck will not receive a plow this year as i retired my old daily to work truck status, also, i have plowed with 285's on every plow truck i have driven and they handle fine, so for a daily i see no problem running 295 duratracs in the snow.

12. Sawboy

So you have zero experience with taller, skinnier tires that have the science of physics behind the methodology?

Soldier on! Lift it, put the biggest tire ya can and look cool as all get out!

13. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

They do look cool when I drive by and there stuck in the ditch.
    Or when you see them slide to the curb and rub against it all the way up the hill.
    All Ya can do is go slow and wait for them to spin there way up.

14. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

no one here can answer your question directly. the only time i can see you having issues is if your warranty problem is directly related to the upgrades (that is the way the law is written). GM is pretty good with most stuff EXCEPT tuning. your local dealer can say whatever they want but at the end of the day BY LAW the effected parts can only be denied if the wear or damage is directly related to the changes. that all being said don't expect any suspension parts being covered but anything else should be covered no problem.

personal experience i had one of those 5.3 afm 1/2 ton trucks with the oil consumption issue. i had it documented before the plow ever went on. the problem lasted over a year with different fixes and the plow i installed never came into play. i wound up with an entire motor rebuild at 90k miles after 2 seasons of plowing.

15. Kid-Dmax

Kid-Dmax Junior Member

thanks for all the light **** talk and sarcasm. I really appreciate it. For something that wont have a plow on it. i will have no problem driving off into the ditch with a wider tire, that ultimately will do better in unplowed roads and deep snow. Ill be sure to let everyone i know plowing with 285's that they are doing it wrong and they should move down to a 245 pizza cutters, because skinnier tires are far more important that driving experience in the long run.

Sorry i asked for some input regarding a vehicle that will not have a plow.

Hope you all end up in a ditch, and some lifted truck on 12.5 wide mud grips pulls you out.

16. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

sorry you asked on a snow plowing orientated site.

why would they bring my play truck and not the other plow truck like i asked, to pull me out of the ditch. :waving:

17. Sawboy

And Merry Christmas to you as well Kid.:laughing:

18. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

So you're another one that asks a question and then fights every answer they get? Fine, go have at it and report back, but you won't because you know it all.

19. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Use Firestone air bags to lift your Dmax then change your name to Kid-Dbag , that will be a cool as a lifted work truck .

20. Sawboy

So glad I got to see that before it gets pulled! :laughing: