1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 Dodge Ram 4500 Crew Cab

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by jmariola, Sep 22, 2011.

1. jmariola

jmariola Junior Member

I recently purchased a Dodge Ram 4500 crew cab with a 60" cab axle spread. I have installed a 9 1/2' Galion dump body. What plow would work with this truck? I would like to get at least a 9' plow. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

You have many options. Any 9'6" V blade would be nice (or 9'2" Boss V blade) or you could put a Blizzard 8611lp on it. If you visit your local dealer you should be able to determine what your best options are.

3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Definitely go for the blizzard, that truck is a beast!

4. Marek

Marek Senior Member

What type of areas are you plowing ? Large open areas or are you plowing areas where you need to carry the snow ? By the job or by the hour ? You need atleast a 9' blade but you could go straight , V, or wide out . Not sure what dealers your way are getting but our Western dealer quoted me installed prices today 8.5' Pro Plus 5214.00 . 9' Pro Plus 5320.00 or wide out 6610.00

5. jmariola

jmariola Junior Member

Looking at larger lots. Plowing by the hour. Local Boss Dealer quoted me $4000 for a 9' straight installed and $5300 for the 9' super v installed. The Wester Wide Out was quoted at $5900 installed. I did look at the Blizzard Wide Out but did not get told about the 11' version. I am interested in that. Thanks for the input guys.
    Joe