1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 Dodge 2500, 265/70/17 or 235/80/17

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by ACA L&L, Jan 5, 2012.

1. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

So ive decided to get the retread tires form treadwright.
    I have been trying to find out which size to put under there, in the past ive always done the 285/17 or 31.5/ 75
    I want a taller not wider tire. So would anyone suggest a 235/80/17 or do i need to get the wider tire to get the taller size. treadwright only offers the 235/80/17 and of course the 285/75 or /70......i dont really need a super tall tire but want the tallest i could get, without the usual wide tire.....i know the tire thing is played out but there are guys on here that could answer this in a second, thanks for anyone that sheds some light on my small insignifigant tire question.

Truck is a 2011 dodge 2500 4x4 quad cab no lmods whatsover other than a shiny western.
  2. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

I would go 285 on your truck.
  3. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

im a pretty mart guy, but this tire sizing thing has me bamboozled....i think im just gonna go with what i know will work without any mods. i liked how the 285's looked so ill stick with that. i cant beleive ho pricy these tires are. my first set back in 2005 was like $800 or less, now they want like $1300 a set! Im gonna give thge retreads a shot and see how those work, two new sets would still be cheaper than a new set of bfgs. i hate to keep asking about tires so im just gonna order them and be done with it.
  4. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

so the google expert that i am i found a tire calculator in the weirdest place'disount tire website'..........i swear to never ask another question about tire size and so forth.......besides i just bought a new set of retreads from treadwright.......2 trucks down 1 to go........MT or AT, i like the look of the both and respect the function of the AT.......
  5. CuzMike

CuzMike Junior Member

I love my 285/75-17 Nitto TerraGrapplers in the snow. Of course anything is better than the stocker BFG longtrails.