1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 +- Code 2135 Silent Campaign ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Cosmic Charlie, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Cosmic Charlie

Cosmic Charlie Senior Member

My 2011 HD 2500 6.0 gas had this prob

Had this happen 3 times in 2 months and later clears itself the same day after ignition cycling (restarts)

During VERY cold (below freezing)
    Code 2135
    Service Traction Message
    Service Stability Massage
    Service Anti Lock Message
    Reduce Engine Power Message
    Dash Engine Light ON

Dealer replaced a part of my Throttle Position Sensor Cover (19259452)
    Sensor KI 3.339 & reprogramed

Policy 11273 applies

No Charge with 91,000 miles on mine - not eligible beyond 120,000 miles
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  2. sagent

sagent Junior Member

I had the same thing fixed a couple of weeks ago on my 2011. What irritates me is I also have an 03 Yukon with the same problem but the entire throttle body had to be changed and GM still has not figured out how to construct one that will work in the last 10 years. They went to the "drive by wire" throttle bodies in '03 and have had nothing but trouble with them.

About a year ago I had "service stability" pop up on my DIC out of the blue and I think it may have started failing then.

The Yukon started doing it again a couple of weeks ago when it was -30 F up here. The engine would just barely crank over fast enough to start in the morning. Put in new Diehard platinum battery and was good for about a month. I started it up a few days ago ( cranked fine ) and wife got in 20 mintues later and said all the messages were on the DIC, service this / service that / reduced engine power / etc . I started it back up half hour later and drove it for an hour around town without issues. No powertrain codes were in computer. I cant read abs / chassis codes

So far the sierra has been fine but did notice when plowing some heavy drifted snow last weekend, I was able to get the " service stability" message
    to pop up . It may have been from snow / ice on the speed sensors. Wheels were completely packed with snow

It appears there are other computer / voltage issues that can cause the trucks to go into this "default" mode from what I can gather from various forums
  3. Cosmic Charlie

Cosmic Charlie Senior Member

quote > It may have been from snow / ice on the speed sensors. Wheels were completely packed with snow ...

same here 1st 2 times it happened ... but got the prob again when just driving 35 mph not plowing 2 weeks later, and a friend who works for Chevy told me about it ...

I hope mine is fixed permanently & yours can be fix for free

GM has been decent to me - maybe if you call the GM district rep to calmly discuss (?)
  4. OH2500HD

OH2500HD Junior Member

Here is the TSB (Bulletin not recall)#

Diagnosis and Repair - Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) Illuminated, Reduced Engine Power Message Displayed, DTC P2135 Set

A lot of these trucks will get the actual throttle body repalced if the intial TP (throttle position) cover replacement does not work.

Coverage for 10 years or 120k miles regardles of ownership..

GM is taking care of their owners! GO GM!