1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 Chevy install question MM2

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by slowwrench, Jan 25, 2011.

1. slowwrench

slowwrench Junior Member

Just got a new truck, installing my old MM2 on it. Truckside wiring was not too big a deal except one annoyance. The red wire on the controller harness is to be hooked up to a keyed accessory. Looking in the fuse box on the left side of the dash, everything is hot with the key off. I don't want to run a hot wire from the fuse box under the hood all the way to under the dash, is there an easier way?

Doesn't help that the truck is pretty low optioned, I think the only truely keyed accessory is the rear defog and also the power widows.
  2. Tyler Jones

Tyler Jones Junior Member

You will find switched 12 volts in the SEO port which is located in the cab just behind the e-brake, this is the only spot that GM recommends. You will need to remove the cover which just pops off and there are quite a few vacant pins so use you test light an check each one until you find switched 12 volts.
  3. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Ditto thats how mine is setup in a open fuse slot
  4. slowwrench

slowwrench Junior Member

The SEO port in the circut breaker box? In the middle on the bottom. I have three pins, one is hot key on or off, two are cold key on or key off. Do I have to start the truck to get one hot when running?
    Thanks for the help so far.
  5. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

There's one on the side panel of the dash too. I used ACC with a plug in jumper wire.