1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 chevy 6.0

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by the new boss 92, Sep 30, 2010.

1. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

i have been strolling around for some newer trucks. newer than i have. i really started looking for a ford, theres nothing out there. next in line would be a chevy. now as it has been said befor i really would like the plow prep package just to reinsure that the weight of the plow wont mess with the warrentee. so i have been looking at the new 2011. here is the truck that i found,http://www.billkaychevystore.com/2011-chevrolet-silverado-2500hd-lt--4wd-c-8734.htm i really like everything about that one. now my question is how are the 6.0 gasser's? i have only driven the dmaxes and i dont think i want to invest in a diesiel cause im going to buy a bike and to tell you the truth, truck wont be moving much in the summer. i know they revised alot of stuff on the new 11's. but for anyone that has test driven one or owns one chime in. the truck will get a boss vblade and tow in the summer so it will be driven, but maybe 1000 miles a summer when it rains or i need to work it. im just up in the air on what to buy right now as i just started looking. but im deff going to get something next summer so its going to be a show room truck may i add.
  2. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

I have driven 3 at work, two of them gas trucks. One was an extended cab short box, the other an extended cab long box, actually, the same as the one you posted just gray (3rd truck was a crew cab dmax). The 6.0 is more that plenty to me. The new trucks drive real great even better than my 04 and the 2010's (both trucks were Z71 and plow prep equipped). The improvements underneath are just awesome as well. The upgrades they did to the engine (I think a new cam and a bit more) helps too. Lots of grunt down in 1st, and even if you granny drive it (say 2000-2200rpm accelerating) it moves great. To me it kind of also feels that the 6 speed has been better tuned to be less annoying with shifts. And it might have been just me, but the long box seemed just a thin hair...smoother and softer (longer wheelbase made a diff?).
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
  3. the new boss 92

thanks new dude for sharing, im mainly looking because it has been upin the air about a diesiel and for the work the truck will be doing a diesiel would not fit me investment wise, how ever i would love to have one. after owning my current truck, there will be no doubt the a 8ft box is deff the way to go after a rack and tool box although the 4 door 6ft boxes look awosome. also they came out with the ploe prep for the 11's? im just digging the new looks of the trucks and im going to get one next summer sometime. first things first though i need to test drive the truck i want to make sure the 25000 dallor loan will be worth it:)
  4. KingDuramax

KingDuramax Senior Member

Does anyone have some real world numbers on fuel economy of one of these new 6.0's?
  5. RRobbe

RRobbe Member

I have an 08 6.0 2500 HD and I get about 10 mixed driving city and hwy.
  6. KingDuramax

Thanks but the 11's are a total different deal. More horsepower and tranny changes made. Looking to see if it has improved the MPG My 05 is the same range as your 08.
  7. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

I have < 500 miles on mine . Ave. mpg 10.0/ 3.73 rear
    minimal highway driving
  8. the new boss 92

debating here, hmmmmm done alot of reserch on these new 11's and they are outweighting the good from bad so far!
  9. icebreaker

icebreaker Member

Just bought a 2011 3500 srw 6.0 gasser brought it home on a thursday and wrecked it friday when a 8pt buck jump in front of me doing 60mph, 13600.00 in damage the truck is great wish it had more storage compartments it has a 8' pro plus on it but over i'm very happy.
  10. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

My research brought me back to GM trucks . The last Chev I owned was a '72 C20 Cheyenne
    Fords and Dodges since then . The new frame and sturdier IFS was the reason I came back .
  11. the new boss 92

thats the truck im looking at 3500 srw gasser unloaded with towing mirrors!
  12. KingDuramax

They say they are supposed to be better on gas. Guess not...
  13. procutsnow

procutsnow Member

I did a fair amount of research as well and ended up ordering a 2011 on October 7th, taking delivery on Monday the 22nd. The frame upgrades are awesome, it was worth the $3000 difference in rebate to get the '11 over a leftover '10.

I ordered mine as follows:
    3500 HD SRW
    6.0 Gasser with auto tranny
    Plow Prep
    HD Trailering Equipment
    Camper Mirrors
    Roof Marker Lights
    Block Heater
    Cloth Seats
    A/T tires
    5th Wheel wiring in bed

I also bought a Boss 9'2" VXT that's going on it with smart locks. It's my first plow truck but I'm sure it will do well for me.
  14. the new boss 92

hey procut, if you dont mind me asking. what was the damage on that truck because thats basically what im looking at! you can pm me if you dont want it getting out.