1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 chevy 2500hd's

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ihdriver7088, Oct 26, 2010.

1. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

so far a friend has bought one (ext cab short box) but yet has the truck due to all the new extended cab (long and short bed) trucks appear to have frame issues and pulling to the right in normal driving his first truck and 2 others have had the same problem so seems like a recall might be on its way he also drove 6 other trucks that were single cab and crew cab and those were all fine in the 2011 model years
  2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Funny you mention that, I could've sworn the Crew Cab I drove overnight was pulling as well but thought it was just the roads I was driving on. Interesting, post up what you guys find
  3. ihdriver7088

well in my area its only been ext cabs but it will pull right when just driving straight and when braking
  4. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

ohh boy I can hear the trolls comming
  5. stacks04

stacks04 Senior Member
    from ct

Wow, interesting. So far not one complaint of it here at the dealer. we probably sold a couple dozen so far in various combos.
  6. mikegooseman

mikegooseman Senior Member

My 2011 3500 HD now has 1,688 km and .....WHAT A TANK ! the exhaust brake system is a perfect 10.. truck overall is the cats a$$...IMO. Just wanted to mention check on all of the tires and the current pressures, you never know guys, No problems or complaints here. prsport
  7. Marek

Marek Senior Member

I just picked up a 3500 crew cab short bed w/ the Duramax. My first Chevy pick up since 91 everything since has been Ford or Dodge. This truck is awsome ! Have put 500 miles on it since Saturday and love it more everyday. My only problem is I bought this truck to give to the guys as a crew truck but now I dont want to give it up . I guess once its broken in I will go back to my 07 350 Lariet . The 6.0 seems like a dog compaired to this Duramax.
  8. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

that sure is interesting. that's something that a case just has to be built for -there are just too many variables to consider; tire pressure, alignment, damage in shipping, (bad parts run that would cause a recall). I only buy used trucks so if the recall is complete by the time I buy the '11 that would be cool.
  9. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

We see hundreds of cars and trucks come through with the allignment way way off.
  10. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Doubt that there will be a recall. Have em put it on the alignment rack. Many times the transport companies mess em up when they get tied down. Sounds like camber and caster based on your complaints.
  11. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Some of the delivery drivers that dropped off some of our 2011's said that there has been some issues with alignments after being on the trucks for transport. I believe along the lines that the size of the trucks with the trailers they were using were akward (tight fitment for hauling). I had one that had the wheel off to the right a decent amount when pointed straight ahead. If it has more than 500 miles on it, take it in for an alignment at the dealer. Definitely think that no recall will be in place as I believe GM is aware of the issues. No bulletins have been issued either, so it may be a very small problem.
  12. ihdriver7088

the dealership has thrown over $5,000 in parts labor and alignment work at this truck and still no fix again i repeat two more truck fresh off the car carrier were driven by the owner of the dealership and my friend and they were not right as well so please do not talk to me like im new to this
  13. Marek

Marek Senior Member

What were the build dates on these trucks with the problems ?
  14. ihdriver7088

i dont remember id have to go look
  15. lilweeds

Listen, I'll keep it simple. Alignment is the only thing that would cause those symptoms. Well let me correct myself. Tires can as well. Go to a different dealer and find a good alignment tech. I would love to see a copy of the print out on the truck. Even if the tires have some pull a good alignment tech can make anything go straight.
  16. ihdriver7088

yeah well the state of ohio engineer is involved and an alighnment aint gonna do snot when the freaking frames are warped
  17. lilweeds

I doubt the frame is the issue, but if it was you'd be able to see it in the alignment specs. Good luck, but I doubt your going to get any help from the state.
  18. Iowan

Iowan Junior Member

I have had a 2011 2500HD crew cab for about 3 weeks now. The truck runs perfect down the road. I just had a 8.2' Boss VXT Poly plow put on it last week. All is well for now.
  19. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

So, because the a few trucks you've driven (may) have a pull that has yet to be diagnosed, GM has a warped frame issue?

It's true that alignments aren't supposed to be done before 500 miles due to settling and shipping (tie down) irregularities. None of the GM service departments I work with evey day have mentioned an issue and there are no bulletins related to a pull. Don't give up, I'm sure it'll be figured out.
  20. ihdriver7088

ok so sya what you all want this truck has been taken off the road per GM and the state due to a frame problem that will be taken back to detroit and evaluated the truck had 900 miles 5 alignments 4 brake jobs(front end only) and still has problems so as for that i am done and abandoning this post