1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 Chevy 1 ton srw w/XLS

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Greenmtboy, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

We picked up a new truck today. There is no doubt a big difference in the front suspension on these 2011 GM trucks! No need to worry about timbrens or air shocks, the front-end only drops 3/4" when it picks the XLS and that is with the torsion bars untouched set by the factory and with no ballast. The forth pic is with the plow down and the last pic is with the plow raised.

2. tiaquessa

tiaquessa Senior Member

That is a great looking truck and plow. I'm so glad to see that GM changed the front suspension. The past 3/4 tons and 1 tons were a joke for holding a plow.
  3. billm

billm Junior Member
    from nj

looks sweet!

could you take some pictures of the front mount? I just picked up a 11' 3500 and would like to see the clearance.
  4. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Beauty truck... Looks like it hold the blade great... A little bit of ballast and your set... Thats a heavy blade too!!! All the ford and dodge guys need to see this thread LOL

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Sick looking truck man, Congrats.
  6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck!!
  7. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

Your not kidding.

I see if I can't do that in the morning and post it tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks. Maybe some of thou's guys will come back from the dark side now! Thumbs Up
  8. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

Nice truck, but not going to happen for me they screwed up the seats in the 08 and newer Chevy's. I can't take more than an hour in my dad's 08 Tahoe before I have to get out and walk around. I can spend 12 hours in my 170,000 mile 06 F350 and my back doesn't even cramp up.
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

Even I'll say it. That's a nice plow truck
  10. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

Nice truck for sure. Looks like the same color as my polaris ranger. Ocean Blue
  11. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

looks awesome any add ons in the works?
  12. joshg

joshg Senior Member
    from VT

Very very nice rig, where are you in VT?
  13. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Props to GM for making a truck hold a plow like Ford/Dodge have since the 80's. Now if they can just catch up with the rest of the truck it'll be a hit. Kidding of course!

The 2011's are definitely nice trucks.
  14. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

very nice, that heavier front end combined with the tighter radius that gm's have make it a winner for tighter plowing routes.
  15. Marek

Marek Senior Member

We are having a wide out put on our 3500 crew srw truck in the next two weeks. Have 18 k on it so far and love everything about it except for the tow mirriors. They block half the side window. Other than that we love it, they really stepped it up. Now if Ford and Dodge could step it up and build diesel trucks that could stay out of the shop , it would all be good .
  16. plowguy43

Umm....Cummins aren't reliable? O.....K.....
  17. Marek

Marek Senior Member

Talkin new trucks, have been watchin the dodge forums as we were/ are thinking of picking up a 4500 truck in the spring, seems like alot of problems to me from ford and dodge. Your 99 is old school simple, keep it that way . The new trucks are all having problems and we are not sure which way we are going to go.
  18. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I agree...not to be drastic or anything, but WTF are you talking about. The truck sucks asssss (no offense Bobby), but the drive train is one of the best out there.
  19. plowguy43

LOL - you know the 09+ Trucks are waaaay nicer than the old ones.
  20. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

That's what I thought, but from what the guys are saying about them on the repo/tow forums, they still have carzy issues.