1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 Chev/GMC 2500HD IFS Capacity

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Raconteur, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

Any info how the strengthened IFS is handling the weight of expandable plows i.e How's the sagging ?

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I saw one in the lot with an 8.6 western pro plus on the front and it handles the weight fine. Least amount of sag I have seen on any chevy. couple of turns on the t bars and it does not move..

3. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

it was beefed up plenty and should handle plowing fine.. you can even get a 'plow prep package' on a crew cab diesel which they have never offered before. regular cab diesel was the most they recommended before because any more truck and it was beyond the recommended GAWR. Dont have numbers off the top of my head to compare though but can get them if you really want.

4. tastebeer

tastebeer Member

I saw the new 2011 GMC?Chevy in St Louis at the truck show in March, they had 1/2 frame of '10 welded to '11 frame. The new frame is much stronger and the front end has GAWR of 6000# up from 4800# in 10. It looks like the GM guys may finally consider snow plowers when they design trucks. The IFS is somewhat redesigned and should still give best ride of any truck but able to handle larger plows.

5. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

the front gross on the new chevys comein either 5600, 5800 or 6000. im looking to buy one one in the spring, only time will tell. but i have been doing reserch. also on westerns or boss's web site they are saying that the new trucks can hold 9'2 v blades no problem!!!!!

6. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

5200, 5600 or 6000 lbs. Same as ford.

http://www.plowsite.com/showpost.php?p=1064119&postcount=11

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010