1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 bumper cut out

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Cover Guy, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Cover Guy

Cover Guy Senior Member

Does any one have any pictures of how the bumper is cut out for the boss plow braket thanks

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Depends, what type of truck is the plow going on?

3. Cover Guy

Cover Guy Senior Member

Sorry that would be a 2500 chevy

4. JimRoss

JimRoss Member

Here is my 1500:
    [​IMG]

They took off the bottom slim valance and then trimed the airdam. I'm told you can just fold the airdam up/back and the plow bracket will hold it there. I asked them to trim it so I could get easily get the snow out with a broom.

5. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

Here is what we did: Used a long straight edge and lined it up with the bottom of the chrome portion of the bumper and drew a line across the plastic to the license plate. We cut out the lower portion from the outside of the tow hooks to the inside of the license plate and followed the drawn line across and the recesses down on each side. Works well and is about as clean as you can with the new bumpers. Boss says you can have the plastic pushed up with no cutting, but we found the ears of the pushbeam are only slightly below the level of the tow hooks. The bumper is dirty in this photo, but you should get the point, anyway hope this helps.
    http://www.plowsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=101610&stc=1&d=1319770883

DSCN1073.jpg