1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 Avalanch

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Pinkplowgirl, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Pinkplowgirl

Pinkplowgirl Junior Member
    from IL area

Hey everyone sorry I havent been on in a long time but I have been reading. I have a question I hope you ca help me with. I have a sub contractor working for me this year, she has a 2011 Avalanch 1500 and wants to put a full size plow on it, Western Pro plow to be exact. The dealer says no problem, but I think its to heavy. Westerns selector says you can put just about anything on it. So if its to heavy what can be done to the suspension, I don't think Timbrens will work. Any one done this set up, or have any insite for her?
    Thanks happy plowing (soon)!
  2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

7.5' foot blade at most. Crank the t-bars and weight in the back. What will Chevy think if any warranty work is needed?
  3. Squires

Squires Senior Member

Seems like there is a mistake on the western site perhaps.
    Coil spring front the same as all the other 1500 series trucks, but like you said the Quick match says you can put virtually any plow on there, while the trucks can only handle a 7.5 midweight.
  4. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Turn up the t-bars, get timbrens, put 500+lbs in the back, & get the 8ft pro plow. She'll be fine. A 7.5ft plow wont even cover your tracks when angled in an Avalanche.
  5. Squires

Squires Senior Member

it is a 2011, no t-bars in a 1500 since the 2006's, they have the coils now.
  6. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Thats right, my mistake.....but that change happened with the introduction the 2007 "nbs" didnt it?
  7. Squires

Squires Senior Member

Yeah, i meant that 2006 was the last year of the t-bar avalanche
    none of the other plow makers have the same selection of plows available for the Avalanche, as such a 7.5' is the biggest possible, and there is definitly no plow prep for these vehicles
  8. nathan11507

nathan11507 Member

My buddy has a snoway v nose on his 2010 avy and all with the stock suspension and has no prob. And as for a 7 1/2 plow not wide enuf i dont know how unless her avalance is 8 ft wide. The avy is on the same chassis and fram as the silverado and suburban since its debut. And my neighbor runs a clear 7.6 snow way on his silverado and is plenty wide enuf when angled either way