1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 and up leveling kit with western plow?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by joemanhp4, Apr 30, 2014.

1. joemanhp4

joemanhp4 Junior Member

I have a 2015 350 on the way and i want nothing more than to get a leveling kit because i hate how the new trucks lean forward. has anyone with a 2011 and up ford put on a leveling kit and a plow mount? the leveling kit i am looking at has spacers to move the sway bar down a bit and i know that the western ultra mount plow mounts mount in the same sway bar location. im not sure how it will work out but i want to know if anyone has done it and if they would be willing to post pictures.

Thanks guys

2. Polarismalibu

Polarismalibu PlowSite Fanatic

I just got a 2014 and have been wondering the same thing! I was to impatient to wait for a 2015 lol I wanted to ditch the 6.0!

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

most "lift kits" leave the bar in place(like it should) and offer longer links.

4. joemanhp4

joemanhp4 Junior Member

Ready lift does not.

5. joemanhp4

joemanhp4 Junior Member

And ready lift is about all i can afford after my down payment lol

6. Ranger429

Ranger429 Member

Ready lift leveling kit on my 12. IIRC it was only longer bolts that came with the plow brackets.

[​IMG]

7. joemanhp4

joemanhp4 Junior Member

Thats exactly the picture i was looking for but i am confused because the ready lift kit i was looking at has a sway bar drop bracket or "relocation bracket" did you just not put that on because the plow mount itself is thick enough?

8. joemanhp4

joemanhp4 Junior Member

What exactly does the sway bar do? Is it super important that it must be dropped a correct amount to keep the truck in line after a leveling kit installation?

9. Ranger429

Ranger429 Member

IIRC I used the Ready Lift bracket pre plow. Once I put the plow frame bracket on I pitched the Ready Lift bracket

The sway bar helps to avoid body roll when turning. You can pull the sway bar off if you want but I see no reason to do that. It has nothing to do with keeping the truck in line, that is controlled with the track bar bracket and Ready Lift gives you a new bracket for that.

10. joemanhp4

joemanhp4 Junior Member

O perfect so its not even that important of a piece but the thickness of the ready lift drop brackets is relatively close to the same distance as the plow mount bracket.
    You are a life saver i have been looking for this information on 5 different forms for weeks!

11. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

I had a lowered Half ton on 285s with no sway bar. It handle like it was on rails. Raised it
    Up and immediately put the sway bar back in. Could tell the difference 100% when raised lol

12. Ranger429

Ranger429 Member

It is not as much as the Ready Lift bracket but the sway bar performs IMO the way it should with the way I have it mounted.

I think the only reason I didn't use the Ready Lift bracket with the plow brackets is because the shape interfered with proper mounting.