1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 3500 chevy

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by RhinoL&L, Jan 17, 2011.

1. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

Just thought Id post up a couple pics of the new chev. Not sure what we are doing for a plow as of now. We were dead set on another blizzard power plow, but lack of dealer support and multiple issues this year we may look another direction. Any ideas?

102_3432.jpg

102_3433.jpg

102_3434.jpg

102_3435.jpg

102_3436.jpg

2. ptrkptz

ptrkptz Junior Member
    from Omaha

Nice work truck!! I wish I had something new like that to push in!!
    you have a plow for that topkick in the background also?

3. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Details please?

4. rjm5133

rjm5133 Member
    from PA

nice truck.

a nice shiny red boss would look good hanging off the front

5. PlatinumService

PlatinumService Senior Member

there is a blizzard hanging off the front of that topkick in the picture.

best dealer support would be your best plow option

6. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Nice truck! I agree, something red on the front of that would look great. Dealer support is the key though, so if I was you I wouldn't go back to Blizzard if you have had a bad experience.

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

AGREED! I think a nice steel or poly VXT would look slick on there. I'd probably go 9'2''.

8. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Fisher XLS or 9.5 SS EXV would look nice on her.

9. Elite_Maint

Elite_Maint Senior Member

Nice truck!... Go for a BOSS plow..I'm extremely happy with mine.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  10. PlatinumService

PlatinumService Senior Member

its funny.... i have never once heard a complaint about a boss plow. maybe thats your answer rhino.

11. Thor78

Thor78 Member

Awesome truck, good luck! We are ordering the 2500 GMC in a couple weeks. Also pretty sure we're going with the SS X Blade.
    :drinkup:

12. qualitylawn

qualitylawn Senior Member

nice truck!

13. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

Nice truck, looks like you have quite a shop there too - any other pictures? We are running the older style blizzards on our trucks and really like them, but you're right dealer support is certainly a major factor.

14. woodchuck2

woodchuck2 Senior Member

Nice ride!!! I looked into the new 2011 D-Max but could not justify the price. I do like the new diff and suspensions. I thought i would like the fully boxed frame in the rear until i saw it, GM is claiming the box frame is suppose to be 120% stronger but after i saw it as compared to the older frames i think it is a little far fetched. I myself would put a Fisher XLS on it.

15. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

A Boss V would look perfect on that truck! Good luck with it, thats a nice ride!!

16. needmoresnow

needmoresnow Member

9'2" boss vxt and if you need bigger get the factor wings like the other guy on here has , it moves a lot of snow jmo

17. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

Hmm, i have an 09 3500 hd, rclb... But it got destroyed in the tornado and i rebuilt it and put a flatbed on it... I have a boss poly 8 ft 2 v plow... I would ask the dealer how it would handle a 9 2 tho... And if boss dont have good support by you, look at western... Either a v or wide out...

Very nice truck by the way... In like the front bumper better than mine... Its 1 whole bumper...

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  18. 01PStroker

01PStroker Junior Member

Imo i would go with a boss v-plow v xt 8' 2" with wings just a thought

19. needmoresnow

needmoresnow Member

I put a 9'2" vxt on a 2500 with timbrens and it handles it pretty well in my opinion. The weight diff. is not that much between the 8'2'" and the 9'2" . And I looked at getting the 8'2" with the factory wings and is was like $600 more than buying the 9 2" so thats what I did my .02 lol good luck with your descion ! Thumbs Up

20. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

That is a nice looking truck, best of luck man.