1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 2500 sle

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by canadiantowman, Feb 6, 2011.

1. canadiantowman

canadiantowman Member

So I order a new 2500 sle and will be putting a western wide out on it.should be here in 4 weeks. anyone else put such a heavy plow on a 3/4 ton truck and not have any problems. I think it comes with the 5200 front end with the snow plow prep package.
  2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Look at my Sig and you can see I have an XLS on my 2004 3/4 chevy and it holds the plow fine. The xls weighs more then the wideout. You will love the versatility of that plow.
  3. R.J.B.

R.J.B. Member

I have a wideout on my 2010 gmc 2500 and it handles it fine.I do have 700 lbs of ballast and that is what western recommends. Good luck with the truck! that plow is awesome you will be impressed!!!
  4. mikegooseman

mikegooseman Senior Member

As you already know I have a western wide out on my 2011, it is a 3500 HD . My buddy has one on his 2500 and no problems to report thus far, now this DEF on the other hand !! LOL
    :laughing: good luck, you will love that plow in open areas, I do .tymusic
  5. brianbrich1

brianbrich1 PlowSite.com Addict

The only question I have is you have a new truck(with a warranty) If you go over your front axle weight and something breaks on the front..weight related or not is it going to be covered? Or anything else that might break in the first 10-20k. Just asking cause we all now new vehicles no matter brand seem to have that one vehicle every once in awhile where cross eye willy must of been assembling and stuff seems to just break or go wrong very earlier.....I also am curios to this as I just purchased a 2500 hd 2011 and have contamplated which plow to out fit it with The boss 8.2 or western v 8.5 meet weight req. I would hate to not have warranty items on a brand new truck not covered because overweight plow
  6. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I just used the quickmatch system on western website and it gives you the option for all of there plows. You will not void your warranty with chevy especially if you have the plow prep package as well.
  7. brianbrich1

I do have plow prep and even at time of purchase paid gm for their "snow plow sur charge" for the warranty. Went to my local supplier CPW who entered truck info and those previous listed plows where the max weight I could install acc to them...I could buy a bigger one but they would not install it because it puts it over the front weight. I wasnt going to have them install anyway...my concern is in the fine print somewhere I will not be covered under warranty if I go over the max weight of the front...you know if something major goes wrong that will be the first question..Sir what plow is on this truck? Any real world experince on this from any members will give a good response....anyone that has not had anything break and has not tried to cover a warranty powertrain or any other broken part unless you work for gm and know specifically how the warranty works to me is just an opinion... No offense. A real situtaion of someone trying to get it covered with plow prep and snow sur charge would tell me what could happen
  8. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I don't think it really matters what Western or any other manufacturer says about weight. GM, Ford and Dodge all put out FAWR for a reason. If you go over that it is your own issue at that point if there are any issues related to the plow.
  9. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

What the hell is the snow sur charge? Never heard of that one.
  10. brianbrich1

It is a extra charge i was given that once purchased with a 2 year extended bumper to bumper all warranty parts are covered with a plow on regardless of who installs it... Without that purchase only that specific chevy dealer where I bought the truck can install a plow...Then if something breaks you have to take it to that dealer only....essentialy what happens is they are covering the warranty.. With the extra charge GM warranties everything still as long as I dont exced vehicle specs...ie weight ratings.... and can be taken to any gm dealer
  11. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

More issurance for them but u=you pay
  12. great white

great white Member
    from Canada

Snow sur charge? That's anew one on me too....
  13. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

If you have the snow plow prep and you stay under the max weight you should be fine. If you have no plow prep you have no warranty. I think it even says in the owners manual not to install a plow on a truck without the plow prep. You can damage the vehicle :laughing:
  14. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

Hey TomMan no worries... The 2011s carry the weight amazing!!!! I just put a 9.6 MVP on mine, and it goes down about 3/4 inch. Also mounted the wideout to it and Its no problem either. Enjoy your new Truck!!!!
  15. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

No worries at all . Just carry the required ballast , thats all !

All the crap about gussets . torsion bar adjustments , new bar keys , air bags , timbrens etc . None of it is needed .
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011