1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011/2012 Long Island Snow Season

Discussion in 'Weather' started by EdNewman, Oct 10, 2011.

1. EdNewman

EdNewman Senior Member

85 degrees yesterday, but sent out the renewals. Time to get this thread started for the new season.

2. ryansplowing

ryansplowing Junior Member

Started the same thing last week. I can't believe its that time of the year again

3. snoway63

snoway63 Senior Member

Same here been at it for a couple weeks already, cant wait for it to snow

4. ryansplowing

ryansplowing Junior Member

Looking for Subs

If anyone in the area is looking for more work for this winter please contact me. Im looking for plows, bobcats, loaders and even shoveling crews. Either shoot me an email at ryansplowing@yahoo.com or give me a call at 516-578-6812.

5. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

thinking about putting my truck on with the town of smithtown this year.. tired of dealing with people haha.. has anyone done work for them?

6. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

just watched the weather channel.. they are talking about a nor'easter this weekend?!?!?!?!

7. ChickenKing

ChickenKing Member

We are only going to get some rain...snow is north of us.

8. snowman123

snowman123 Senior Member

aperfcrcle this will be my second year plowing for the Town of Smithtown and it truly is a great gig you will enjoy it very much. If you have any questions about it let me know.

9. E-MAN NY

E-MAN NY Senior Member

Sat Night?

Hi Guys! Hope all had a great summer. Talk about right back to winter! This is nuts, looks like a close call for us, it will be interesting to see what it does tomorrow night. Good Luck if we get any, and be safe.payup

10. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

weather channel and channel 61 are saying 2-3 tonight... Im torn on whether i should put the sander on... what is everyone thinking?

11. snoway63

snoway63 Senior Member

Im trying to decide on the same thing, think i will get everything ready to go and wait till tonight to decide, just keep an eye on the temp

12. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

well you know if you put it on you wont need it, so leave it off lol.

I had a big bid go in literally yesterday and i'm stressing that they're going to go with their last contractor on a quick decision due to this little storm

13. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

haha very true.. i think im just gonna throw the spreader on..

14. snoway63

snoway63 Senior Member

Ill leave it off till the last minute, been trying to change over to snow here all morning heavy wet flakes with rain right now, I would think if the north wind stays all day into night we might see a sooner change over

15. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

I would wait till the last minute but the way my luck runs i would hook it up and it wouldnt work so hahah

16. snowman123

snowman123 Senior Member

If we get what the weather channel says it looks more like a salt event then a plow event to me but we shall see if we get any snow or ice at all.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  17. alldayrj

no idea we had so many island boys on here. good to know

18. snoway63

snoway63 Senior Member

Dont know what changed but just got off NOAA and now they are calling for 3-5 where did this come from, anyone else see this

19. alldayrj

20. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

Im putting everything on right now.. Not getting caught with my pants down