1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011- 2012 HDs w/ westerns

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by OhioPlower, Nov 26, 2011.

1. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

I was wondering how much if any trimming of the front air dam is necessary on the new Chevy HDs for the western ultramounts? Thanks
  2. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Ohio... I removed the lowest air dam, the ohe under the fog lights but had to cut the fog light piece from the tow hooks down approx. 5 inch wide for the receivers to connect to the mounts. also the tow hooks get reinstalled. if you want pics I can get some
  3. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

If you dont mind putting pics up id appreciate it.
  4. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

We just did one at the Chevy dealer I work at (plow truck for this year) and we pretty much did that. Take off the lowest air dam, notch where the tow hooks are.

Fortunately, we had the old one from last year's truck (put a new one on that and sold the truck later on) so we just swapped the whole plastic lower piece onto this years truck.
  5. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

I just did my 2011 hd this weekend, I removed the lower air dam and the notched the lower plastic bump like the instruction show.

Anyone else notice how close the the plow is to the front of the truck compared to the 2000-2007 trucks? Seems like western could have brought that lower mount foward a little more, but maybe they had there reasons.
  6. Hysert

Hey Ohio here's the pic of mine
  7. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Here's mine. Removed the lower valence, then took an air saw to the plastic on the bumper. I cut mine out pretty far so the pins could be easily removed from the receivers.

8. Hysert

Sorry lets try this again heres my 2011 with western mount
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  9. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

Thanks guys, they look good.
  10. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

Hey thanks I was looking for the same thing. Would it be a pain for you to post some side shots. Also any one with and fishermounts on the chevy.