1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2011 2012 Boss plow mounts

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by foleymech, Dec 16, 2011.

1. foleymech

foleymech Junior Member

Buying a new Chevy 2500HD truck and would like to see some photos of newer trucks without the plow on them to see how hacked up the front end of a $50,000 truck looks with a new Boss plow mount in the off season. I have an 01 2500hd chevy with a Boss; Truck and plow are awesome not getting rid of the unit just adding a new one. Thanx.

2. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

If you add ballast , raise torsion bars a little amd then start putting on the undercarriage you not have to cut at all. Just remove lower valance.

3. kitzy

kitzy Junior Member
    from PA

Foley...last Dec I too bought a 50k f250 and I didnt want the valance removed...rather my installer cut a perfectly symmertrical piece out of the middle of the valance and it looks excellent. The truck doesnt look as nice when the valance is completely removed. Cant send you a pic at the moment.

4. foleymech

foleymech Junior Member

Thanks for the replies, photos anyone? I might go to the dealer and visit my new truck today!

5. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

I'll try to post a pic of mine tomorrow.

6. SMiller

SMiller Member
    from IN

No cutting at all on '11-'12's, remove bottom valance (the thin 2in. one that shouldn't be there anyways) Raise torsion bars 8 turns, install mount is lowest position and the valance just bends up slightly, no problems at all, no more hacking valances like old days.

7. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

Here is mine. As you can see, I set it up without ballast or moving the torsion brs, then I lowered it an inch , thus the notch is deeper than it has to be.

P1020674a.jpg

P1020675a.jpg

8. SMiller

SMiller Member
    from IN

No reason to ever cut the valance! It simply bends the 1in. up to get the mount on.