1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by duramax-king, Jan 2, 2010.

1. duramax-king

duramax-king Senior Member

hi huys anyone run one yet? how are the 6.7's holding up? they look like great work/ tow rigs, how do they handle a plow?i'm thinking a 2500 or 3500 laramie diesel auto, crew cab.:gunsfiring:

2. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

the 2010's have the same powertrain and frame from the previous 6.7's (mid year 07). the only thing that has changed is bigger front u-joints so the front gvw is now 5500 wesport. the main difference is a nice new cab.

3. duramax-king

duramax-king Senior Member

so do you think it's worth getting the new one, over the 2-3 year old pre-owned, and spending close to 20000 more?

4. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

The 5.9l drive lines of the 06-07 are better and the interiors suck. Vise versa for the 2010's. Love the new shark look of the truck and I hope the 6.7 has the bugs worked out. As a work truck I stay with the older stuff for now untill the jury is in on long term dependability.

5. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i like the new models and im sure they are great but i plan on keeping my 07 for a long time. they dont seem to be offering any good rebates so your practically paying the msrp. with that said you could say buy a 05-07 5.9 for 22-30k and throw in some upgraded front end parts and a few gooodies for the trans and will have awesome truck.

6. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

What bugs? There really isnt' any really serious bugs (unlike the fords) unless you start doing a ton of Mods.

I have a 2007.5 quad cab 3500 dually 6.7 Auto. The 6.7 and 6spd auto are awesome. Great combo. Love my truck. Best plowing truck I have ever had. It will be for sale in the spring though. I am going to a 5500 instead. I wish I had the $$ to keep the 3500 and play with some mods on it, but not likely.