1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010 western pro plus - 3 plug - ultramount question

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 2011F250Lariat, Jan 10, 2014.

1. 2011F250Lariat

2011F250Lariat Sponsor

Anyone ever had issues with the main power plug not making a good contact? i clean and put on electrical grease, so its not corroded in any way. i had no problems untill this year (4th), ill loose the remote controls once in a while when it makes poor contact, traced it down to the main power plug that has the heavy guage red and black power and gruond cables, im thinking of just using a good set of pliers to smoosh the male side jut a bit, but once i do that if i mess it up ill be replacing the plugs. is this a common problem? my plugs barely stay together too, but they dont fully disconnect, its the connectors inside.

2. tpendagast

tpendagast Member

Id bust down and get new truck side and plow side plug ins...its' year 4... new plugs aren't unreasonable.

3. NortheastSNO

NortheastSNO Member

Agree i think they are like 100 or so through western

4. 2011F250Lariat

2011F250Lariat Sponsor

thanks for the input.