1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010 Tahoe

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by rdfenn3, Oct 29, 2014.

1. rdfenn3

rdfenn3 Member

I'm thinking about trading the wife's van in on something that I can use as a backup. Anyone ever plow with one? I tried to talk her in to getting a 3/4 ton truck. But she won't have it

2. JAJA

JAJA Member

I don't but I would think a set of timbrens and you would be ok for a 7'6...May be some other mods would help even more it depends if the front suspension is the same as a half ton

3. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

It wouldn't be my first choice, but as you stated, if the wife won't have a truck the SUV would work in a pinch.

4. rdfenn3

rdfenn3 Member

I found a few 3/4 ton suburbans down in pa reasonably priced low mileage. I would much rather have that. I showed a fully loaded gmc Denali HD. She don't want it. Just wish I could get her in a pick up. She even warned me that if I came home with a pickup I would be on the couch for a long time lol

5. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Do a search. About a gajillion threads on tahoes

6. rdfenn3

rdfenn3 Member

Ya I changed my mind on a Tahoe. 3/4 ton suburban is what were gonna get

7. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Not that it can't be done in a Suburban, but that really makes plowing a pain in the ass!!!

8. rdfenn3

rdfenn3 Member

I agree with you. It will be a backup truck/wife's grocery getter