1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010 Ram 1500 setup

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by schnell, Dec 27, 2011.

1. schnell

schnell Junior Member
    from alaska

Lookin for input. Been plowing with '03 chevy 1 ton w/8'6" Western Pro Plus for last 4 years. Will be losin that truck soon so I'm settin up my 2010 half ton ram. Got a poly Western Midweight. Planning on Timbrens and leveling kit. What's preference on type of leveling kit? Would also like to throw beefier springs on the front but I'm havin trouble finding after market springs

Please throw any suggestions my way on items or overall setup.

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Get some bilstein 5100's and set them at 2.8. It'll hold the plow well and make the ride even better than it already is.

3. schnell

schnell Junior Member
    from alaska

Would I run those in conjunction with the kit and Timbrens?

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

You won't need the kit. They have 2 settings on them, the 2.8 is supposed to be 2.5"-2.8" of lift on the front end.

Timbrens might not be needed but that is all personal taste. I've never used them on any of my trucks (all dodge's) as they never dropped more than an inch or so with the plow on. Including my 03 Dakota with a 7'6" Fisher MM1 RD Plow.

5. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

The leveling kit isnt really going to do anything as far as the capacity of your front end. Get a stiffer shock/strut combo for the front and you will be fine. I put a fisher 7 1/2' mm2 on my half ton and no problems carrying it. I thought about a set of timbrens but I doubt I'll be using them anytime soon. These trucks arent nearly as soft as the chevy you are used to. I figured I would have a lot to do to beef up the front of my dodge cuz I was so used to the soft front ends of the chevy's but surprisingly that isnt the case.

6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Go with the HT series plows or a Sno-way with DP. I assume you are just going to forget about your truck's warranty?

7. schnell

schnell Junior Member
    from alaska

I already got the mid-weight. Warranty...no other options now. Ordered the 5100's

8. schnell

schnell Junior Member
    from alaska

thanks all for the input.