1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2010 Ram 1500... Not a newbie, but need some opinions

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by GMC99, Oct 25, 2012.

1. GMC99

GMC99 Senior Member
    from 60188

Ok, long story short, I took a new job, and wasnt planning on plowing at all after 10 years of plowing. As the season nears closer, I find myself getting the itch, and dont think ill be able to handle it snowing, and me not plowing. I sold my plow truck (dodge ram 2500) and bought myself a 2010 Ram 1500.. Im no stranger to Dodges, I actually now work for the owner of a Dodge dealership. Anyways, what are some thoughts on putting a plow on this truck? As it sits right now, its to low to the ground.. Thinking a leveling kit will fix that, but which one? If someone owns one and plows with it, how does it handle everything?
  2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

A Boss Sport Duty or a Fisher/Western HT would work well on it. I think Timbrens and good ballast would be a better choice than a leveling kit. I don't really care for leveling kits. To me they are one step away from body lifts....yuck.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

we've installed snoway 26 series on a few of them. You will definitely need timberns and a counterweight:nod:
  5. zeek

zeek Member

I plow with my 09 1500 with no problems. I have a fisher SD plow, and 300lbs in the bed. No problems what so ever. I plow the local schools, a couple factorys, and a bunch of driveways. The only problem I have ever had is keeping my rear window unfogged. As far as the leveling kit, stay away from it. I bought one and it threw my axle angle off and gave me a terrible wobble in the front end.